Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

SLP Loudmouth FAIL

Bought the LM1 kit for my C6.

It did not fit, the passenger side over the axle pipe was faulty and would hit the rear bumper with tips installed ...... Disappointing

What should be my next step, aside from a refund, can they reimburse what I paid for labor etc.....?

Any help/advice is appreciated
    2001 TRANS AM WS6 M6 . LS1. SLP LTs,SLP cats,SLP catback,SLP Lid,K&N filter, MSD Wires, AC Delco Iridium plugs, Redline Oils and Fluids, Ws6 Store Short Stick, Hotchkis strut tower brace

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You'll never get your labor back but I have always known SLP to honor and back their parts promise. These LM units usually fit without any trouble. Did you call them during the install for advice ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

blue
    2002 Trans Am

This is my first time hearing SLP didn't fit right, I would call and ask

no refund on the labor shop, they have no clue who installed it and was not one of their cert guys doing the install

ASh

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...whether it was a certified SLP installer or not, the parts came from the factory defective and if it wasnt for that you wouldnt have to be paying 2x the labor. Just make sure they know that and hope they help you out some.

blue
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease...whether it was a certified SLP installer or not, the parts came from the factory defective and if it wasnt for that you wouldnt have to be paying 2x the labor. Just make sure they know that and hope they help you out some.
    That is true, that I'm sure this isn't the first time a part from SLP has not fitted proper, but it happens and I feel bad for the OP, which for how much one pays for exhaust and brand, should fit right, I hope they at least cover shipping on both and get you a new one out fast that is correct.

ASh
    2002 auto T/A custom blue, Moser 9in rear end with 31 spline axle and 3.73 gears, Diablo Sport InTune, SLP LM1 catback, SLP lid & bellow, ram air free mod, eibach pro kit springs, bilstein hd shocks, bmr rear sway bar, bmr 2pt SFC bolt on, silver checker stripes 17x9.5 C5 Vette rims.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

Thanks guys, I called them and there customer service wasn't the greatest.

I've had SLP lm1 on both my 01 & 02 ws6 in the past with no issues.

I will call back tomorrow and try to get something resolved. I've trusted and been a satisfied customer for the past 5 years, this is the first disappointment with them

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

I'm out $80 so far. I think the shipping is covered.

I ordered the system from Amazon, I'll try SLP directly this time around.........

Thread Information