Nik

red
    2001 corvette

service abs+traction?

Okay so I just bought my vette its cold out I take it down the road screwing around had trac on then off cold tires hopped a little but pulling bck into my drive way abs light comes on along with traction? has any one had this problem? if so what should I do disconnect battery and let it reset? any help would be great! thanks-Nik

marone
    2001 corvette

i just had the same problem on my 01 i had the abs module reprogrammed and a steering wheel sensor in the column replaced runs perfect now . dont let it go to long it gets worse you`ll start getting the traction control and active handling go off you feel it on the steering wheel and brake peddle . its annoying as hell . the sensor isnt expensive it was 70 bucks and to reprogram the abs module it all depends what shop you deal with anywhere from 80 to 120 but replacing the sensor is a pain in the ass . its like a 3 hour job .

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

I was messing with my C5 a bit a few months back...took the traction control off a little bit late when i was taking off flying up a hill around a turn... the car yelled "service traction control.... service active handling" but I turned everything off and let it sit for a while... turned it all back on and it seemed ok.. no prob since (keeping my fingers crossed lol)

Nik

red
    2001 corvette

okay well I havent fixed the problem yet and your are right it has gotten worse now there isnt a time where I can take my car out and all of the lights dont come on any way Im a technician so i have access to a scanner and when I check the codes a bunch of lf wheel speed sensor codes come up so I was hopping its just the sensor doing it but then i found out its the whole bearing an steering knuckle for 170$! just wondering if anyone has had a slightly similar situation because the reprogramming and steering sensor is all well and good but Im not trying to throw parts at my car and have it fix nothing any help would be great! thanks

Machine Silver Metallic
    2005 Corvette

I just had my car at the dealer yesterday for this problem. They claimed they could not repeat the complaint. They cleared the codes from the computer and 10 minutes later after I left the dealer, the lights came back on! The car is still under warranty, so I'll be going back again. The lights only seem to kick off if I'm going 70 or faster.

Thread Information