Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

rear tires for a 2000 C5

Im about to put some new Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar tires for my rear and am going from 275 40 18 to 285 40 18s. Im a tad worried though, as it seems a bit tight on the inside of the fender as far as clearance with the tires sidewall and the inside of the rear fenders. Has anyone put 285s (or
    295s?) on the stock rear rims of a non-ZO6 c5? (with no other mods of course?)

Nik

red
    2001 corvette

Ive seen on this site where people have put 295's on no problem but Id search for it before I did it myself.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

I had 305's on mine(Nitto drag radials) and they were fine.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

awesome, the tires should be coming in on monday... cant wait to have them put on the c5

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

frosty, since uve run drag radials i wanna ask you... do you have the stock rear diff/transaxle on ur c5? (or is yours beefed up?) do you know around how much hp we can run through stock drivetrains before really worrying about stuff breaking? Ive heard that drag radials, while they will make ur car launch off the line, if ur running the m6 tranny, can really snap ur rear if ur not careful... is urs an auto or manual? thanks

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

i got the 285s put on saturday. HUGGGGGE difference over the stock runflats performance, handling and ride-wise. I really think these will greatly improve my 60' times

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    frosty, since uve run drag radials i wanna ask you... do you have the stock rear diff/transaxle on ur c5? (or is yours beefed up?) do you know around how much hp we can run through stock drivetrains before really worrying about stuff breaking? Ive heard that drag radials, while they will make ur car launch off the line, if ur running the m6 tranny, can really snap ur rear if ur not careful... is urs an auto or manual? thanks
    I'm an A4 with very minor bolt ons. The rear is completely stock. I've heard the same thing(s) you have about drag radials and broken rears.

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

stock stall speed converter?

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

Yeah, stock converter. I want to upgrade that but it's a royal pain in the ass to change them out.

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

have u taken ur vette to the track? if so, whats ur 60' times with those drag radials?

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

I was only able to muster a 1.9x out of them because they were on their way out. If they were newer and I did a longer burnout I'm sure a 1.8 is/was feasible.

Silver/Pewter
    2000 C5 Corvette 6psd

hey thats still pretty good. keeping in mind it my first time at the track but on my stock runcraps I couldnt get anything better than mid to high 2.1 (!! ughh) last time i went. My RTs started at .785 and went all the way up to about .0454 and 60' went from about 2.178 or something to 2.13 or something lke that. I was gonna also ask you if u knew, Im now running 245 45 17s and 285 40 18s and my backs are new and fronts have a tough 10K miles on them (should have another 10K or so hopefully...) the next time i swap tires Im thinking of going with the same widths front and back (i cant get any wider on my 9.5 rims and I dont want to switch rims cause their the lightweight magnesium ones, and i dont want to spend $4000+ on 3 piece rims just to keep low weight) what i DID want to do though was go from 45s front and 40s back to 40s front and 35s back and if I did the tire calculations correctly, this should effectively lower my entire car a whole inch (front and back), significantly improving my handling. Thoughts? Did I do this right....?

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by AntsSilverC5 View Post
    I don't own a vette, but I do have IRS, rear by dana in my gto, I know its a little different but this is my 3 rear end....lol...This time I went with BMR axel stubs, Bmr half shafts, and other rear parts not pertaing to vettes, If you don't have bad wheel hop you shoud be OK, I think the vettes still run leafs? in the rear, but I think you'll be OK
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Black
    1998 Corvette

i have 275's up front and 305's in back, Toyo RA-1'S and i couldn't be happier with how they grip. but that grip is starting to eat my clutch. but no problems rubbing at all.

Thread Information