Silver
    1998 Z28

Oil Level Sensor help! 2003 Z06 ! Not Oil Pressure!

So I'm doing final buttoning up on my 3 year nightmare project.
    2003 Z06 M6 car;

I was under the car today heat wrapping the aftermarket WideBand 02 wires as they are close to the exhaust and realized...
    There's no wire or clip plugged into the low oil level sensor! Dug around for a while and can't find an unplugged wire/clip anywhere! I'm guessing that it got ripped out during one of the three engine removals that went on during this build. I'm going to recheck my garage and part piles for a clip with some torn wires, being it's a 3 yr old project I have some minor recollection of something bad happening... during the initial motor removal maybe that's what it was.

So my questions:
    1. Any idea which part of the harness the oil level sending unit comes out of? Wire colors would help as well (is it part of the 02 bundles or starter wiring bundles? Only two things in that general area)
    2. If it's gone, does anyone know which pins it is on the bcm or pcm, got a part number for replacement? (don't know which it really belongs too bcm or pcm);
    3. Did 2003 z06's have an oil level sensor? It has the sensor in the pan, but I sure can't seem to find the harness for it anywhere.
    4. Anyone have a picture of one? Curious what it's supposed to look like. On my Z28's it was an ugly brown deal, unlike any of the other sensor clips.
    I'm assuming I can program it out with the HP tuners, but I like having an idiot light cause I'm clearly an idiot!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

If it is going to cause you to put in a new wire harness I would think about a mechanical gauge in the door pillar. JMO
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Silver
    1998 Z28

Mechanical oil level sensor in the door? Wowza, I'm impressed/confused. PS its got one already in engine bay, called oil dipstick. Just don't want a nagging check gauges light, or a non functioning (disabled via tuner) low oil level idiot light.

Either way it's not going to need a new harness. It's just a 2 wire sensor, I'm just going to run 2 wires direct to PCM pins. Just hoping someone knows which PCM pins 03 z06 are for "low oil level"; All I can find is for 1998-2000 PCM pinnings. 2nd option Once I know the pins I can just chase the original wires with a tone generator, and splice a clip back in.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by albrntout View Post
    Mechanical oil level sensor in the door? Wowza, I'm impressed/confused. PS its got one already in engine bay, called oil dipstick. Just don't want a nagging check gauges light, or a non functioning (disabled via tuner) low oil level idiot light.

Either way it's not going to need a new harness. It's just a 2 wire sensor, I'm just going to run 2 wires direct to PCM pins. Just hoping someone knows which PCM pins 03 z06 are for "low oil level"; All I can find is for 1998-2000 PCM pinnings. 2nd option Once I know the pins I can just chase the original wires with a tone generator, and splice a clip back in.
    I said door pillar. Why would anyone put a gauge in the door.

Silver
    1998 Z28

Why would I put an oil level gauge in door pillar? It wouldn't look right with my AFR and Boost that already live in the door pillar. Oil temp or pressure might make sense, but oil level? That's the idiot sensor that says your 1.5qt low. I don't need to monitor it, just need the DIC/idiot light to let me know think the ding will suffice. If I'm 2qts low pretty sure there's much larger issues going on, as I do check my oil on the dipstick often enough.

Thread Information