Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    2000 Formula

Keep it or buy a C5 Corvette?

Hi all!
    I have a 2000 Formula with 514 rwhp, 6L 418 iron block, 6 spd, 9" Moser rear end, and all of the goodies to support the power. I am thinking about selling it and buying a C5 vette. How many of you have sold your F-Body and bought a Vette and have no regrets? My first Pontiac was a 72 Firebird 350, then I had 78 T/A 4-spd black and gold, an 88 GTA and now the 2000 Formula! I love the C5 styling but want to know if anyone has switched and regretted it later! Thanks in advance for your response! Make it a great day!

2004 Z16 Z06

no regrets had a 01 ws6 6spd vert traded it for a 04 z16 z06 still love the look of a ws6 but there is no going back after getting the z06. nite and day difference.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I have not done it yet but in the spring my 33k 2002 SS may be going up for sale for a 2006 Z06.
    Last edited by 2002ssslp; 11-18-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Why not have both! I've got a '99 Z28 for a DD and a '03 Corvette Coupe for my Weekend car. The Corvette is such a better overall car. Quicker, more fun to drive, more comfortable, more cargo room for long trips, plus it's a freakin' Corvette! I don't think you would regret it at all.

Blog Entries

black an red
    00 z28 and 00 corvette

I have an fbody I drive on a regular basis an like said above drive the c5 on the weekend, I would hate to think id have to sell one or the other lol. If insurance dont kill ya then just keep both Jmo of course.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Im holding out for the ZR-1.......I may be holding for quite a while though...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I had sold my ta, bought a g8, sold it and bought a 00 c5. The vette is a great car, but the sport seats are not nearly as nice as my ta(every car i looked at had broken lumbar, extremely common and seats rock on spirited driving).

That's probably my biggest gripe. Sounds like your car's a real beast, so sounds like your just trying for something new. C5 is one of my bucket list items so I'm very happy to have it and love every minute of driving it.

red
    2000 Formula

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I had sold my ta, bought a g8, sold it and bought a 00 c5. The vette is a great car, but the sport seats are not nearly as nice as my ta(every car i looked at had broken lumbar, extremely common and seats rock on spirited driving).

That's probably my biggest gripe. Sounds like your car's a real beast, so sounds like your just trying for something new. C5 is one of my bucket list items so I'm very happy to have it and love every minute of driving it.
    Yea! it is a radical beast to me, a dream car that does burnouts on the highway at 65 mph! However, I am getting older and and do not need all of that noise and power. I am looking for a car to take out and enjoy the ride on a beautiful day! I will miss all of the great comments at the gas station or just at a stop light when someone pulls up next to me wanting to know "What you got in there?". The Trans Am nationals are a blast too where it gets a lot of attention! My boys think it is "totally awesome" when it sets off car alarms in a parking lot! At the end of the day, I think I will buy a 97 to 2000 C5, hopefully, an M6 convertible... I am looking for a fun car to drive and one that looks great!

2000 C5 Torch Red

Sad truth is i got much more compliments in both the ta and g8 than the vette. But f em,i like it

Blog Entries

black an red
    00 z28 and 00 corvette

I see alot of c5s on craigslist well priced, actually that's where I found my 2000 it had just a little over 24k miles on it an I got it for 15. But if you can I would try to find a 01-04 cuz they got the ls6 intake on them already, an I have seen those in them years fairly priced aswell.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Gotta get the 98 pacecar if you get a C5.

red
    2000 Formula

Thanks for all of the input! I want a car that is a blast to drive. I know a C5 will not be nearly as fast as my Formula, but I would hope that its road manners will offset the brute power and put a smile on my face every time I start the engine and go out for a drive! It seems as though there are no regrets here with those who have made the plunge! Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I had a C3 and want to get a C6 Z06, but that won't happen for another 5 years the way things are going. I actually got more attention with my C3 than I do with my Trans-AM. I really do miss having a Vette. The only pic I have handy of both together.

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

If you have to go with one car, get the C5. You won't be sorry. If you can though, keep both!

red
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I had a C3 and want to get a C6 Z06, but that won't happen for another 5 years the way things are going. I actually got more attention with my C3 than I do with my Trans-AM. I really do miss having a Vette. The only pic I have handy of both together.
    Click for full size
    Because of my age, the C3 is what a Vette looks like! I love the looks of the C3 but want the handling and power of the C5 (I like the looks of the C4 as well, but from what understand around this Forum, the C5 is a better handling car and a littler better built) By the way... both of your cars look great! I did sit in a Ruby red anniversary edition last night and it is a job getting in and out of that car, but once inside it fit good! I did not drive it however.

red
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by BlownC5 View Post
    If you have to go with one car, get the C5. You won't be sorry. If you can though, keep both!
    I would love to keep both, but money and garage space does not allow for this option yet in my life... If I do sell my car, I am sure I will miss her, so I want to make sure my new ride will help me overcome my loss!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

I wrecked my built 2002 Camaro a year and a half ago. I bought a C5 frc. I missed my Camaro for a little bit, but once I got to know the car I have no regrets. such a better balanced all around car. I don't miss the crappy interior or scraped knuckles working under the cowl.
    I miss the t-tops and that's about it.

red
    2000 Formula

I was wondering about that too! I had a 1978 T/A hard top and then an 88 GTA with T-tops and loved them! I do love the frc too, and was wondering if I would regret not getting a vert or the removable roof panel.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

I would have liked to get the Targa top, but the roofline on the frc was too sexy for me to pass up.

2000 C5 Torch Red

That's another great thing about the c5. Two subtle differences, but have completely different looks to car enthusiast. I passed on a z06 because i love the hatchback.

Kind of reminds me of the ol Foxbody days.

Thread Information