Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Red
    2001 WS6

Just bought 08 Z06

Like the title says but it gets better it is getting a tranny swap to become and auto with a 3200 stall and also a procharger kit. THe car has 650 miles and the 3lz option it has every option you can think of. It will arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Congratz!

Red
    2001 WS6

THanks here is an interior shot. It will have to grow on my but it is black and white.

Last edited by clint195; 07-05-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Red
    2001 WS6

By the way drivetrain is already out now the waiting begins!

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

I bet you'll get use to it really quick!

Black
    99 SS

mayeb im missing something why are you swapping to an auto?

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    mayeb im missing something why are you swapping to an auto?
    Track consistency. Long story but i am buying this car from RPM transmissions. I called there and got to talking to tj and he said that he would sell me the car for 55k which i did not think was a bad deal so i said ok. We got to talking more and he talked me into a auto tranny which usually runs 10-12k but he said he would do the whole thing for 60k so hell i could not go wrong and it would be faster that a manual according to him which makes sence. So he called me today to spec it out and he told me his boss the owner was demodding his z06 for a stroker motor and he would sell me the procharger installed for 5k. He told me that my car is the 3rd z06 in the shop right now for the auto swap. Basically i am going to mod it out more down the road maybe. So i figured since it is there go ahead and do the swap. Any nay sayers can give tj a call. Very great ppl to deal with. More photos to come once it arrives home.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

LUCKY!!!!

2011 Prius

Can I have your Trans Am, lol?

Orange
    Commodore ss 2008

wooow nice car

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

hmm mixed feelings on the auto in a z06...but congrads none the less

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

it will certainly be one of a kind

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

While I can certainly understand your very valid reasons for going with the switch to an Auto, my personal experience with my own 2008 Z06 would have been to at least try out the manual for a few hundred, if not a thousand miles first.
    One of the biggest pleasures of my Z06 is the shifting! The car's have such torque that it's always a pleasure shifting. When I tell people that I can break loose the rear end of this car in second gear at over 75MPH it's always a shocker to them. 3rd is good for 130+MPH. I love my manual. wouldn't trade it for an Auto under any condition, but again, I can see why you're doing it, just wish you'd have had a chance to drive the manual first.

Either way, enjoy your new Z06!! I can only imagine how much fun you're going to have with the Procharger!

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    While I can certainly understand your very valid reasons for going with the switch to an Auto, my personal experience with my own 2008 Z06 would have been to at least try out the manual for a few hundred, if not a thousand miles first.
    One of the biggest pleasures of my Z06 is the shifting! The car's have such torque that it's always a pleasure shifting. When I tell people that I can break loose the rear end of this car in second gear at over 75MPH it's always a shocker to them. 3rd is good for 130+MPH. I love my manual. wouldn't trade it for an Auto under any condition, but again, I can see why you're doing it, just wish you'd have had a chance to drive the manual first.

Either way, enjoy your new Z06!! I can only imagine how much fun you're going to have with the Procharger!
    That really is amazing breaking the tires loose at them speeds. Is that a scary situation or what? I know what you mean with the manual to auto swap it may be a regret but we will see what the future holds here. All i know is i cant get stupid with this kinda power. This will be the 3rd red car i own with my 04 cavailer dd. I will need to get a photo shoot. I emailed tj for more pics but no response. When i talked to him yesterday he told me they were just busy as ever. I will prolly give him a couple days to do some work before i harrasse him again. They recieved the payment in two days and had the drivetrain out the same day. Now that is what i call service.

Red
    2001 WS6

Also Mr. Hyde i must admit that the i love the stance on your car that is just killer looking.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Also Mr. Hyde i must admit that the i love the stance on your car that is just killer looking.
    I thank you Sir, dropped it using the factory bolts. However Coilovers are on the list. This is a really old pic, several things have been done to the car since. Next up is the entire ZR1 package that includes the front splitter, rear spoiler, and the side skirts. My STRONG suggestion would be to invest in a Borla, the car sounds great with it!
    On a side note; that 75MPH slide with the rear end getting loose was on a beautiful looooong sweeper that I had the car in and I figured that at that high of a speed, I could really put my foot in it without worrying about breaking it loose. It scared the shit out of me when it broke loose at that speed.
    I had it in "Competitive mode"

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I thank you Sir, dropped it using the factory bolts. However Coilovers are on the list. This is a really old pic, several things have been done to the car since. Next up is the entire ZR1 package that includes the front splitter, rear spoiler, and the side skirts. My STRONG suggestion would be to invest in a Borla, the car sounds great with it!
    On a side note; that 75MPH slide with the rear end getting loose was on a beautiful looooong sweeper that I had the car in and I figured that at that high of a speed, I could really put my foot in it without worrying about breaking it loose. It scared the shit out of me when it broke loose at that speed.
    I had it in "Competitive mode"
    Could you tell me more about lowering on factory bolts. I have heard of it but never researched it. I am intrested in this.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

There are 4 bolts from the Factory that were intended to make SMALL adjustments for ride height from Bowling Green, but if you cut the "spacer" that is under them, you can then make larger ride height drops. You could even remove them altogether and slam it, but you will be metal to metal on your lower A-Arm.
    I didn't go that far although some people do, hence my desire, in part, for the Coilovers.
    This is not a particularily super easy thing to do, you should have a hoist.
    I dropped mine 1.5" in the front, and 1" in the rear for a even stance. That's about as low as you can go and still leave some of that spacer in there.
    make sure that you WAIT at least 2-3 days and put around 50-100 miles on it BEFORE you get it re-aligned, or you'll be waisting your time. Corvette's need to settle before you can do it.
    The lowering does not effect ride quality greatly, you'll probably not even notice that it's a little firmer. It's more of a cosmetic "Mod" than anything else.
    Any more questions, feel free to ask, although I can't help you with your restless nights while you wait for your baby to come home.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    Track consistency. Long story but i am buying this car from RPM transmissions. I called there and got to talking to tj and he said that he would sell me the car for 55k which i did not think was a bad deal so i said ok. We got to talking more and he talked me into a auto tranny which usually runs 10-12k but he said he would do the whole thing for 60k so hell i could not go wrong and it would be faster that a manual according to him which makes sence. So he called me today to spec it out and he told me his boss the owner was demodding his z06 for a stroker motor and he would sell me the procharger installed for 5k. He told me that my car is the 3rd z06 in the shop right now for the auto swap. Basically i am going to mod it out more down the road maybe. So i figured since it is there go ahead and do the swap. Any nay sayers can give tj a call. Very great ppl to deal with. More photos to come once it arrives home.
    Congrats. on the Z06! If you know how to drive a stick then an auto is not faster. But I know your not the first and you wont be the last to do this mod. Have fun with it.

Red
    2001 WS6

Thanks. I called them again yesterday asked if they cud go ahead and lower it on the factory bolts since it is on the lift they said no prob. I think i will wait till friday before i start bugging them again i have been after them everyday since i bought it. I have been searching alot on vette forums and i am just worried about supercharging it. I guess i am a paranoid person being that my warranty will not be honored if something goes wrong.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information