Thread: JackMac

Pewter
    1999 Corvette Coupe

Angry JackMac

I recently purchased a used 2003 Z06.

Everything was fine until I started getting "service Anti Lock Brakes", "service Traction Control", and "service Active Handling" and the dash warning lights come on. I can hit the reset button and get the DIC messages to disappear but the warning lights stay on. That is until the vehicle warms up and then: no DIC messages and no warning lights. Also, when the vehicle is first started, I get a whiff of a hot electrical smell. I have read that this might be the heater coming on to warm up the active handling system. I only got the "Active Handling System Warming Up" and "Active Handling System Warmed" one time since I have owned it. Others say that their DIC gives them that message when it is cold outside.

I took it to the dealer who says that two of my computers that run these system are "fried" to the tune of $1,500.00 each plus the labor to install.

I plan to take it to a private (non-dealership) shop that specializes in auto electronics.

Has anyone else had similar problems and how were they solved??

Thanks in advance.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I had an 02 Z06 that did the same crap... Lucky that I bought the extended warranty, and only cost 100.00..... It should be recalled, but that's how GM works.

White
    1998 Trans Am

When your airbag light starts coming on, play with the plug connectors under the drivers seat !!! LOL !!!

Thread Information