Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    '10 ZR1

Thumbs up First time on a chassis dyno tomorrow with the Z!

Well - I will hopefully have the chance to get the Z on the dyno tomorrow!

I'm hoping for anything north of 550!

Update to follow on Sunday or Monday!

(I hope I'm not disappointed!)

Red
    2001 WS6

What mods do yo have?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

What mods also? Hope it goes good for you!! I'm excited to see your numbers
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

White
    '10 ZR1

West Coast Cylinder heads, Lethal Z camshaft, headers, full exhaust, Varam intake, and a few other goodies

we'll see!!!!

White
    '10 ZR1

511 hp & 470 tq

It wasn't what I was hoping for, but that's okay - it's a great/fun car to drive/own!

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    511 hp & 470 tq

It wasn't what I was hoping for, but that's okay - it's a great/fun car to drive/own!
    I could be wrong but that seems kinda low. I know there area lot of things to figure including the dyno. I put down 518 rwhp and 467 rwtq thru my auto converted z06. With ported heads, cam, fast 102, and full exhuast.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I could be wrong but that seems kinda low. I know there area lot of things to figure including the dyno. I put down 518 rwhp and 467 rwtq thru my auto converted z06. With ported heads, cam, fast 102, and full exhuast.
    That's what I thought too - the 'guy' that owns the dyno just bought it, and is still just learning. I have no idea if that plays in to it at all, or not.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Sounds about right to me. Most streetable 427ci engine with head/cam make about 480-540whp. Even some with huge cams dont hit 550whp. Dynos are different, different dynos, different tuners, different conditions, different results. Id say you right where you should be with a stock bottom end ls7.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Sounds about right to me. Most streetable 427ci engine with head/cam make about 480-540whp. Even some with huge cams dont hit 550whp. Dynos are different, different dynos, different tuners, different conditions, different results. Id say you right where you should be with a stock bottom end ls7.
    To follow up - I am going to compare again on another dynojet, and see what happens.

Red
    2001 WS6

Not sure they told me i could pull atleast another 40-50 rwhp outta mine. And that is thru an auto. Lingenfelter is pretty conservative being they offer a warrranty. Post up on Corvetteforum and see what them guys are putting down with the same setup.

White
    '10 ZR1

Not sure they told me i could pull atleast another 40-50 rwhp outta mine. And that is thru an auto. Lingenfelter is pretty conservative being they offer a warrranty. Post up on Corvetteforum and see what them guys are putting down with the same setup.
    10-4, I was going to do that too

Arctic White, red/gray

And how did they suggest you do that? And why didnt you have that done? I have seen almost 600whp out of a ls7, rated at 720crank hp, but it was not street/road friendly, very extreme build.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-28-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Red
    2001 WS6

And how did they suggest you do that? And why didnt you have that done? I have seen almost 600whp out of a ls7, rated at 720crank hp, but it was not street/road friendly, very extreme build.
    More timing i guess. They didnt do it because they offer a 3 year 36k mile warrenty. They leave it more conservative for that reason. A buddy of mine pullled 614 rwhp outta the Lingenfetler 660 package with the fast 102 and it was streetable. I will post up the thread if i can find it on Corvetteforum where a guy retuned his car at a different shop than lingenfelter and pulled another 30 rwhp outta the setup if i can find it. I am pretty happy with my numbers being guys in manuals were mostly putting down high 530's and i was putting down 520 rwhp thru a auto with a gear swap.
    Last edited by clint195; 07-28-2010 at 02:59 PM.

Red
    2001 WS6

Here is the thread with the guy making 601 rwhp with the 660 package and 102 fast intake. He is now up to 614rwhp but his youtube dyno pull is deleted. I originally wanted the 660 package but they said they never performed the 660 pack on a auto being the cam is so big. They said they could try it but did want me to have problems once i got it back.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-601-rwhp.html

This is a video of the 660 package sounds nice. Cam specs are 243/259 .691/.702 112 CL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kImp9mAP7o[/ame]

White
    '10 ZR1

So, most LS7's get about 460 to the wheels, right?

You're trying to tell me a H/C/I setup is going to gain me a paltry 50 hp to the wheels? Let's get real here.

I need to take it to the track and see what it traps in the 1/4 mile. That would be a true representation of horsepower.

White
    '10 ZR1

Going from 720 crank hp down to about 600 whp is spot on, that's about a 17% reduction or hp through the drivetrain. That is in the ballpark and is nothing new.

Arctic White, red/gray

So, most LS7's get about 460 to the wheels, right?

You're trying to tell me a H/C/I setup is going to gain me a paltry 50 hp to the wheels? Let's get real here.

I need to take it to the track and see what it traps in the 1/4 mile. That would be a true representation of horsepower.
    Most ls7s i see are around 440whp. So thats 70whp you got. Good idea, see what it traps, dyno numbers are tuning tools. They can be different depending on cars, dynos, conditions, they can be warped and twisted by the shop if they choose to do so. Just see what it traps and runs.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-29-2010 at 05:46 AM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Most ls7s i see are around 440whp. So thats 70whp you got.
    on top of that..the ls7 heads and intake are no slouch ..so depending on the cam selection the new intake and heads might not really even be needed /show that large of a gain

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    on top of that..the ls7 heads and intake are no slouch ..so depending on the cam selection the new intake and heads might not really even be needed /show that large of a gain
    That's a pretty good point - and I agree -

I posted it over at CF and they all 'think' it should be higher too though.

I'm trying to post the dyno sheet and for some reason it won't upload to photobucket - I'll keep working on it..........and now I got it.

Last edited by FasstChevys; 07-29-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

That's a pretty good point - and I agree -

I posted it over at CF and they all 'think' it should be higher too though.

I'm trying to post the dyno sheet and for some reason it won't upload to photobucket - I'll keep working on it..........and now I got it.

Click for full size
    Dyno is a tool not bar setter. Go to the track see what you trap. If you are trapping much lower than what a c6 z06 with mods should be then you KNOW it isnt doing what its supposed to do.

Thread Information