Silver
    1998 Z28

Electrical question for all you wiring gurus. ICodes! Lots!

Finally have had some time go get back to my longest project ever going on 4 years for too many reasons.

Anyone know which pins go to which grounds in the splice pack behind and under battery tray, there is one in mine that has an open to ground, and I don't wanna hack loom up chasing it. Also how to tell what is up and down in these packs. Maybe a diagram, possibly this is supposed to be open, but then why make a fake ground going no where?

Long part....

2003 Z06, New Motor many mods,big mess so close to selling or parting not funny; I'm in process of tuning I have corrected maf/ve and am cranking up the timing. STS car has been a terribly difficult car to get right. Sadly these codes are actually consistent as my tune has progressed. That said, I have many log files for hp tuners, ps I'm close to done, but the car likes to be lean not sure why even after maf and ve always on lean side. Ah different problem..

I'v been chasing codes and minor issues for a while (one at a time), my last list all pointed at the ipc module. I cleaned grounds as many as I could find with the huge electrical thread sticky, and was testing the resistance to battery terminal from each box. I tested all under hood boxes (splice packs?) On all but one individual pin in 3 boxes I checked (each having 4-5 small ground wires inside) had great low resistance at battery! Then one wire had an open circuit! I'm just not sure where to chase this wire, guessing it goes to IPC somewhere. Not sure how to designate pin positions in the splice boxes, as well.

During research on how to even designate location in these splice packs it appears to be the second splice box, I didn't see a first one tho supposedly 4cm from the PCM; This one was taped to harness wires behind / below battery tray. It was heading from passenger side towards block than splitting to starter/cps/oil level and other strands elsewhere; It was in the corner all by it's lonesome, be top right or bottom left as I can't tell which way is up or down in these boxes when not screwed into frame. Tis a big loom and I don't know a good way to chase this without cutting stuff...

I don't wanna cut stuff!! These are History Current codes, the missfire is just at idle, and it's hunting bit also probably a bad wire/plug or vacc leak to go with all other joys of this cursed vette. Never ending project.

PCM
    p0300 MissFire detected
    P1380 EB (T) CM DTC Detected- Rough Road Data Unusable No idea, search left me bit perplexed
    Only at idle, and belt tension is squeaky and I am in middle of Timing adjustments. I do have hptuners, it is an sts car, I have been logging everything. Guessing I'v fowled a plug or have a leak. Could too much preload on pushrods cause this? Running yella terra's and swipe pattern looked ok.

TRAC
    C1228 RR Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
    C1235 RR Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted
    Ok got to check these two but guessing air pressure, or loose clip haven't done much back there.

SDM
    U1096 Loss of Communications with IPC

HVAC

A0-ldcm
    B2284 Battery #2 Fault
    B2286 +5V Reference Fault
    This one is intermittent, maybe ignition switch going poof?

A1RDCM

B0-RFA
    U1000 Loss of Communication Undetermined

So, let's see.. IPC?? Maybe the open??
    Last edited by albrntout; 05-16-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Uh never asked question...duh

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Wow. Lots of codes going on there. I only have books that cover F-bodies unfortunately so no diagrams to post.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

man....sounds like a handful there. I can't really offer up any advice other than to post up the wiring schematics for an 03. Wiring can be a huge pain in the ass. Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions I can possibly help you with that but without a vette here in front of me I probably wouldn't be a ton of help as to where wires come from and go to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003_vette_auto_Schem1.pdf 
Views:	2 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	25813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003_vette_auto_Schem2.pdf 
Views:	3 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	25814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003_vette_auto_Schem3.pdf 
Views:	1 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	25815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003_vette_auto_Schem4.pdf 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	25816

Silver
    1998 Z28

Thanks for pdf. I am a six speed, wonder how much that matters. Best copy of that pdf I'v gotten I can actually zoom in!!! Yeah it's an odd one, seriously cursed little car. Maybe see what it's worth to others.

Thread Information