Electron Blue
    2002 Convertible Corvette

Climate Control Auto Mode failure?

Usually when I get into the car, if I set it on Auto with the temperature setting at anything but maximum low (60), it will blow hot air at my feet and the windshield. If I leave it on 60 it just blows max cold on me and I freeze out. Occasionally (ie only a few times) I've gotten it to work after the interior cools down and I adjust it manually to a comfortable temperature and fan speed, then set the temp at 68-71 and hit auto. But that doesn't always work. I would think this is some sort of interior temp sensor failure seeing maximum coldness all the time so it tries to heat up... anyone else have anything?

Jon

Black
    2003 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Jon02EB View Post
    Usually when I get into the car, if I set it on Auto with the temperature setting at anything but maximum low (60), it will blow hot air at my feet and the windshield. If I leave it on 60 it just blows max cold on me and I freeze out. Occasionally (ie only a few times) I've gotten it to work after the interior cools down and I adjust it manually to a comfortable temperature and fan speed, then set the temp at 68-71 and hit auto. But that doesn't always work. I would think this is some sort of interior temp sensor failure seeing maximum coldness all the time so it tries to heat up... anyone else have anything?

Jon
    E-mail this guy... he is helping me out now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-19...QQcmdZViewItem

On mine, when you turn down the temp (make it colder) it goes up to the max of 90... have to play with it a while to get it down to 70ish... he said it is the internal CPU that is going out... I am getting a rebuilt one from him.
    Thanks

Sgt Paul

Black
    2003 Corvette

My issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jon02EB View Post

Jon
    Did my first post not make it?

Mag Red
    '98 C5

Try re indexing the actuators....I believe you pull a fuse out on the pass kick panel or something to that effect.

Thread Information