Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C5

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

C5

Good morning, thinking of trading my Formula for a 2004 C5 with 25,000 miles. Its an auto with 2.73 gears, bone stock. My Formula is a 2002 with a 6 speed. Would the Vette be any faster? Thanks.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

C5? With the AT and 2.73 and less weight, it *may* be a little faster. It will handle better. Might not be as fun to drive with no stick shift. I thought the "economy" gear for the 'vette was a 3.08.

Black
    1999 WS6

I got rid of a 2006 Z06 and kept my WS6 if that's any clue how I felt about driving both cars. As for a C5, it may be a bit faster but the fun factor of driving it just wasn't there for me in the Vette.
    I felt more like an old man who just wanted to feel young again with the Vette, but in the T/A I even act young LOL....just my 2 cents.

Your formy will beat your vette. Change out the rear gears. After I bought the vette I wondered where all the performance hype came from. It is a head turner for chicks, not dudes.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I got rid of a 2006 Z06 and kept my WS6 if that's any clue how I felt about driving both cars. As for a C5, it may be a bit faster but the fun factor of driving it just wasn't there for me in the Vette.
    I felt more like an old man who just wanted to feel young again with the Vette, but in the T/A I even act young LOL....just my 2 cents.
    Hey, we're still young dammit! 40 is the old age of youth, 50 is the youth of old age.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Hey, we're still young dammit! 40 is the old age of youth, 50 is the youth of old age.
    LOL, well my wife says I act like I'm 16 when I drive anyway...

pewter
    99 vette

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Cop View Post
    Good morning, thinking of trading my Formula for a 2004 C5 with 25,000 miles. Its an auto with 2.73 gears, bone stock. My Formula is a 2002 with a 6 speed. Would the Vette be any faster? Thanks.
    I would say vette definitley but it would be hard having one that is an auto I think. Why not keep your eye out for one that is a standard? My buddy has an auto vette over here, its fast as hell but it also has a stall in it and a cam and heads on it.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

I love my C5 Z06 over my Formula and Trans AM.

The stock C5 is not going to be a lot faster but its a better car hands down. It handles better, rides better, the interior is better and it looks better IMHO.

As for fun to drive, the vette handles like its on tracks. That's fun for me, I like taking clover leafs at 70+. The stock F-Body does not come close to that.

Maybe I'm crazy though

Tires and parts all have the corvette tax though. The vette does not like speed bumps, pot holes or bad weather either. Also highway road noise is more.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee View Post
    I love my C5 Z06 over my Formula and Trans AM.

The stock C5 is not going to be a lot faster but its a better car hands down. It handles better, rides better, the interior is better and it looks better IMHO.

As for fun to drive, the vette handles like its on tracks. That's fun for me, I like taking clover leafs at 70+. The stock F-Body does not come close to that.

Maybe I'm crazy though

Tires and parts all have the corvette tax though. The vette does not like speed bumps, pot holes or bad weather either. Also highway road noise is more.
    this exactly.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

what color is the vette? I think if you can drive your formula good, it will be faster. But the vette will handle a lot better...hmmm id go for a vette, just my .02

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

You will love the C5, but look for a 6 speed. These cars have become very affordable and they are easy to find. Good luck

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

I have not been able to drive my Z for about a month now due to the snow and roads here... I drove it today for the first time.. After driving the Trans Am all this time getting into the C5 really just cemented how much cooler it is for me once again. I had all kinds of fun today!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

C5 over the formy (or any fbody)... no questions asked. Quality is night and day no doubt!

2011 Prius

Depends on driving style, I driven C4's and C5's. Plus many 2nd-4th gens. Corvettes will handle much better. But an F-Body loves to slide and can do some great power slides... I like to slide, so I had more fun in my old Trans Am.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Depends on driving style, I driven C4's and C5's. Plus many 2nd-4th gens. Corvettes will handle much better. But an F-Body loves to slide and can do some great power slides... I like to slide, so I had more fun in my old Trans Am.
    I bet you do

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^Shines-It loves to slide. Just don't ask him about sliding with his dog, in a dream LOL!

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

I found another one today. Its Black with the polished wheels. It has the z51 package with the heads up display. The z51 package has stiffer springs and roll bars. It also has a 3.15 rear end instead of the 2.73. Its an auto with 56000 miles. By the way I am 54 years old !!

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

I did test drive a 2005 with a 6 speed that thing was stupid fast !! I have not driven the one with the 3.15 gears yet, the dealer was closing. The one with the 2.73 gears felt a little lazy. I have wanted a vette since I was a kid maybe its time. I had the formula appraised, its gone up in value.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

You're (we are) not getting any younger. Better get the 'vette now, before you can't get low enough to the ground, to get in the car, without falling LOL.

Just remember, only one passenger at a time can go for a ride, in the Formy 3 can.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    You're (we are) not getting any younger. Better get the 'vette now, before you can't get low enough to the ground, to get in the car, without falling LOL.

Just remember, only one passenger at a time can go for a ride, in the Formy 3 can.
    To me that's a plus...

Thread Information