Thread: C4

C4

Will a LT 1 engine fit in my C 4 that has a L98 currently.Is the LT 1 A good replacement? I hear the only difference is the Cooling system.Will this prevent a problem? what other options should I look at? My compression is minus 50% on most cylinders.Thanks.Joej

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

seems like a no brainer to me... yes. but you'll need more than just the engine, you'll need everything to convert it to the computer for that engine etc.... i'd go LS1 if i had to redo a car.

There is alot to consider when swapping engines in the C4s. Mainly the dash controls. You'll need the LT1 PCM to run the engine, but then you run into difficulties with the dash, as it's tied into the PCM. I believe there are companies out there that have/make adapter harnesses for such a swap.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Joej View Post
    Will a LT 1 engine fit in my C 4 that has a L98 currently.Is the LT 1 A good replacement? I hear the only difference is the Cooling system.Will this prevent a problem? what other options should I look at? My compression is minus 50% on most cylinders.Thanks.Joej
    Why not rebuild what you have? You can make all the power you want. There is plenty of aftermarket support for those engines.

Thread Information