Thread: c3?

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

c3?

anyone got some experience with these cars? i got several issues with mine and need some help. Steering problems, rear suspension, half-shafts..things of that sort.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    anyone got some experience with these cars? i got several issues with mine and need some help. Steering problems, rear suspension, half-shafts..things of that sort.
    I rebuilt ours from stem to stern -- fire away!

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I rebuilt ours from stem to stern -- fire away!
    jeff i was hopin you would chime in....well i wanna tackle the steering issue first...we may have discussed this before..but when have the power steering hooked up, i cant control the car. it walks all over the road and is impossible to drive. I took the belt off in order to drive it. ive heard it could be the control valve...any thoughts?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

jeff i was hopin you would chime in....well i wanna tackle the steering issue first...we may have discussed this before..but when have the power steering hooked up, i cant control the car. it walks all over the road and is impossible to drive. I took the belt off in order to drive it. ive heard it could be the control valve...any thoughts?

The control valve has an adjustment on it for centering. I would have to check my books on what else can be done. Is it pulsing the wheel in your hand? Sounds like it may be "overboosted" - do you have the correct pump or any change in pulley sizes?

I replaced the control valve on ours with a reman unit and have not had a problem. For '70s technology the car seems to handle real well actually.

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The control valve has an adjustment on it for centering. I would have to check my books on what else can be done. Is it pulsing the wheel in your hand? Sounds like it may be "overboosted" - do you have the correct pump or any change in pulley sizes?

I replaced the control valve on ours with a reman unit and have not had a problem. For '70s technology the car seems to handle real well actually.
    well i havnt checked it out...but i heard that also on the corvette forum that it can be adjusted..its not leaking anywhere...just drives like shit...factory pulleys....it sat for 2 years and i drove it about 10 miles and parked it for a week.....when i got back in it, it steered like that.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

well i havnt checked it out...but i heard that also on the corvette forum that it can be adjusted..its not leaking anywhere...just drives like shit...factory pulleys....it sat for 2 years and i drove it about 10 miles and parked it for a week.....when i got back in it, it steered like that.
    PM me your e-mail address.

Thread Information