I was recently scanning through the channels and came across a show in progress called "Ultimate Factories" In this program by National Geographic, they go inside the Bowling Green factory, and go step by step through the process of building a Z06 Corvette. Since I caught the program in progress, I came in about 1/3 into it. I was really intrigued by the whole show, and it's highlighting the workers, and their pride in building America's Sports car!
Better times for sure, as I recently read about the possible shut down of the Bowling factory.
Well, after the program ended, and they drove the Z06 into the sunset...I wondered if there was a way I could buy the DVD, so I Googled it and sure enough I found out where to buy it. I ordered it for $24.99 and it just arrived last night.
Looking forward to watching the entire program, and I was just wondering if any of you guys have seen the show I was watching?
They even show the facility where they hand build the LS7 engine, and the way they fire up each engine, and then take each completed car up to 70MPH before they give it the final OK.
I wanted a little piece of the history of my car, so I ordered it, but they also show a bunch of the regular Vettes, because let's be honest, they build em side by side, or front to back if that's more apt.