White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Blue Devil 6.2 L V8 Super Charged 2009 Corvette

http://www.ls1.com/forums/attachment...11779085262009 [B
    2009 Corvette Blue Devil Confirmed and in Final Tuning Phase - Engine and Performance 1 | 2

(continued)

Lutz won’t divulge engine details except to say the displacement of the new powertrain is greater than that of the pushrod 7.0-liter V-8 in the Z06.

Regarding horsepower, Lutz said: “We’re certainly not going to be at 600 because some of our competition is at 600. So, 600 is a number that is not satisfactory for us. I would say comfortably in excess of 600 is the way I would term it.” As for 700 horses, “that would be a stretch,” Lutz continued. “Tom Stephens [GM’s head of powertrain] would say, ‘Maybe in the second year.’ ”

Which brings us back to our long-held contention that the car is packing a 650-hp V-8, although we expected it to be a supercharged 6.2-liter with an integrated intake-manifold intercooler. With the lightweight Z06 as a starting point, we expect the Blue Devil will make the sprint from 0 to 60 mph in fewer than 3.4 seconds.

As for torque, Lutz said he really doesn’t know. “We’re obviously going to have to restrict it because otherwise you get nothing but wheelspin. So those are some of the problems, how to get power to the ground.”

The product guru is not saying when the beast will bow publicly for the first time, but the expectation is early in the 2008 auto show circuit as we anticipate a 2009 model-year designation for the limited run of 1500 to 2000 per year.

And it’s still anyone’s guess as to its name. Although Lutz referred to it as the Blue Devil in talking with Car and Driver, the rumor mill has churned out Corvette SS, Z07, and Stingray as potential monikers.

Given its lengthy development, and Lutz’s assertion it is proving “almost as tough as an all-new Corvette,” Blue Devil might be apropos by the time this $100,000-plus monster makes it to market.

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

once again....WOW.

White/Silver
    1989 GTA 98 GTP coupe

I really can't stand that hood scoop.
    -98 GTP Coupe. Silvermist and stock.

-89 GTA*** L98, P1-SC, 24# SVO's, MSD 6-A, March underdrive pulleys, Edelbrock headers/catback and some other goodies.

~Tony

SSMOKIN_SS
    Okay I've heard of this car except they called it the Corvette SS. Is this the same car that AKA Blue Devil?

black/blue/red
    2007 C6Z/2006 C6Z/2006 C6

Hell I'll take two!!

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I really can't stand that hood scoop.
    Its not going to have that exact hood scoop. That is just a test mule. The entire body will be different than the Z06.

Quote Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_SS View Post
    Okay I've heard of this car except they called it the Corvette SS. Is this the same car that AKA Blue Devil?
    GM has already confirmed it and is calling it a SS not Blue Devil. The first rumors of this car, it was called the Blue Devil.

If anyone wants more info. on this car then get the May issue of Corvette Fever. MSRP is going to be around $108k plus probably a $50k dealer markup.

SSMOKIN_SS
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisZ06 View Post
    Its not going to have that exact hood scoop. That is just a test mule. The entire body will be different than the Z06.

GM has already confirmed it and is calling it a SS not Blue Devil. The first rumors of this car, it was called the Blue Devil.

If anyone wants more info. on this car then get the May issue of Corvette Fever. MSRP is going to be around $108k plus probably a $50k dealer markup.
    Better start saving now if I want to buy it if when I turn 65.

Thread Information