White
    95 Z28

Another one of those...

..what should I buy questions. I'm in the market for something, either a FRC Corvette, Camaro SS, or Terminator. I'm going to look at a few Vettes next week, but my worry is reliability I guess. I've owned a C4 before and I know that's probably a bad comparison, but I didn't have a good experience with that car.

I currently own a 95Z28, so I'm sure that a newer SS would drive about the same just have a sh*t ton more power than my LT1.

Terminator's are fast, but I don't want a ragged out one either. Seems like you have to pay 24-25 for a super low mileage one and I don't want to spend that kind of dough(yes I know my price range isn't that far off from that mark).

So, I'm looking for something reliable, something that won't break the bank every time something breaks without spending more than 22K(because I'm not going to finance a penny) and something that can go mid to high 12's without spending alot of dollars as I've got other things to spend money on now with a baby on the way in about 3 months. Oh yeah, this car is going to be a summer car only as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated because I'm sure there's members out there who have had 1 or more of the cars I'm looking at.
    Last edited by Zyasoon; 03-21-2009 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Forgot a few things.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Just buy a WS6 or SS with low miles around 12000 and save the rest for the baby!

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

I've seen 01-02 Z06s going for 22k with decent mileage. Good luck

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Just saw a 2001 Corvette with 40,338 miles on it for $21,995.00 Looked pretty good, Auto, yellow, black interior. Tinted windows. Now that's a car that would certainly hold up for many miles to come, and you could be very proud to drive it all summer long!

White
    95 Z28

Well, there are a few FRC's by my mom and dad's one is a 99' with 25K miles for 19 and some change and another 99 with 61K for 16. The wife says you'll know what you want when you see it for real. I'm starting to think she's right. There's not a whole lot to choose from down here in Southern Indiana, at least not in the autotrader.

murdered out 06 z06

reliable = vette, not a cobra. my sister had a 03 cobra with 440rwhp and i had a 2002 z06. she always said my z06 was a much better car, it was more solid, comfortable and stylish.
    GET A Z06
    Last edited by issues; 03-24-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Don't mean to thread jack...but just real quick note to "Issues"
    I know you think your car is too quiet because we've both talked about it in other threads, I just bought a Borla for mine and as you may know they are listed for $1850.00 and up. I got mine for $1125.00 and no sooner did I order mine did I find them at Jeggs for $929.00!
    Just thought I'd give you the heads up if you were thinking of getting a Borla but was bothered by the high cost. This system DOES include the x-pipe!
    I promise you won't find it cheaper...I shopped around!
    Jim

Thread Information