1955-1957 Chevrolet Corvettes - Remember When...

Thoughts from the automotive past by Chevrolet expert Doug MarionForward by Alan Colvin
Back in the day, say 35-40 years ago, I lived my daily life mostly through the car mags...primarily through Super Chevy Magazine, which was then edited by Doug Marion. At that time, I was just a redneck Chevy guy in high school, but Doug Marion had seen and done it all and he talked about it in the pages of Super Chevy every month. My first car was a '57 Chevy, my second car was a '72 Monte Carlo Custom, and both were purchased and built because of Super Chevy project cars. I went to many Super Chevy events each year, including the giant one in Indianapolis, and I sold lots of parts at the swap meets. I even bought a current car I still own, a '71 GMC Sprint at the Super Chevy Indy event in 1984. Eventually Doug Marion and I met at a Super Chevy Limited convention in Dayton, Ohio, where my name was listed on the TOC as a Tech Expert. I think we also spoke to one another at SEMA one year. I also told my editor at Robert Bentley Publishers, John Kittredge, that Doug should be asked to proofread my Chevrolet by the Numbers books, which he later did.

Photo Gallery: 1955-1957 Chevrolet Corvettes - Doug Marion Looks Back At Historic C1s - Corvette Fever Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...