Black
    2003 Z06

From 01SS to 03 Z06

All vette/Z06 owners. I have the opportunity to switch from camaro to corvette and was wondering if the Z06 is a very good road trip car? Is this thing so rigid that I gonna be sick of driving it after 7 hrs?

What are the weak points on these cars? (i.e. 10 bolt for the camaro?)

I have only test driven these things and have been reluctant due to the payments. I have been an avid camaro fan for years and know that I will miss the T-Top wind in the hair, but will I be making a mistake?

All thoughts are welcome

Jet Stream Blue
    2009 Lingenfelter ZR1

You'll never go back! I was a LT1 and LS1 TA owner and bought my 1st Corvette in 2000 and have never regretted it at all. The C5 actually rides pretty nice for a sports car, even with the Z51 suspension. Now, its definately not a Caddy, but you won't have a problem driving it on long trips. Good luck!

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

I agree with BlownC5. My 00 has a better ride than the Formula that I had. FLP has my car right now super tuning it. Good luck!
    Last edited by emuffinman1; 09-12-2006 at 11:17 AM.

quick silver
    02 z06

Quote Originally Posted by emuffinman1 View Post
    I agree with BlownC5. My 00 has a better ride than the Formula that I had. FLP has my car right now super tuning it. Good luck!
    what are u having done there? my car is there too... but i messed up my engine and now need to go forged

quick silver
    02 z06

i couldnt believe how well that the car rode, is is very smooth... i'd get it you wont regret it

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Yes and no, fun to drive it and comfortable but when I went 11 straight hours driving it on a road trip I needed to get out.

Maybe thats longer than most road trips, but I was getting sick of not being able to see over other cars.

Although the 100 mph streatches were cool, and had 2 to 3 cars always wanting to go fast with you.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

i sold my 400rwhp 99SS 9 months ago and bought a stock 2002 Z06 last week. we bought it out of state.... it was a 725 mile ride home.

did it in like 10 hrs. not once did i get tired of it. and to boot it only cost $60 in gas.! we avg. 79mph and got 30mpg! i was very impressed!
    and this car feals faster than the SS.....

like others said.... you will never go back..

just dont go into the deal thinking that this car is some enginering marvel because its not. its not a fancy car. its pretty cheap all the way around.... but chevy nailed the power to weight ratio, suspension, brakes, and the LS6.

it is an amazing combo...... and is a BLAST to drive on the edge......
    every car has flawws..... and you will find them out later.... nothing big.... just small stuff.

-semi cheap interior
    -semi crappy seats
    -lots of road noise (Z06)(partition helps)
    -lots of heat in and out (Z06)

but i dont think it is possible to have a FASTER CAR that handles better for the price. period. and the gas milage..

good luck!
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

Yellow
    2000 Corvette

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keith954 View Post
    what are u having done there? my car is there too... but i messed up my engine and now need to go forged
    Keith954, Dan is working out the bugs from another tuner. We are waiting on a converter so the dyno runs can be completed. The converter will not lock up after 5200 RPM, which made 630 RWHP. Spinning it to 6700 RPM should make over 700 RWHP. It is an A&A 402, D-1, 225 AFR heads, new fuel system with dual pumps, etc., etc. I made the mistake of not letting Dan do the work in the first place, I live 360 miles away. Dan is the best in the country. I hope to get it this weekened, it's been their 7 weeks. Tell me about your project. I hear a little about what happened. Paul

gray
    1999 Corvette

I have a 99 vette and it is great. Long trips are not so long when going 100-120 on the freeway. Just have a very good radar. And fot the t top get a hard top for the vette. It is a smooth ride.

quick silver
    02 z06

Quote Originally Posted by emuffinman1 View Post
    Keith954, Dan is working out the bugs from another tuner. We are waiting on a converter so the dyno runs can be completed. The converter will not lock up after 5200 RPM, which made 630 RWHP. Spinning it to 6700 RPM should make over 700 RWHP. It is an A&A 402, D-1, 225 AFR heads, new fuel system with dual pumps, etc., etc. I made the mistake of not letting Dan do the work in the first place, I live 360 miles away. Dan is the best in the country. I hope to get it this weekened, it's been their 7 weeks. Tell me about your project. I hear a little about what happened. Paul
    i was driving in the highway and i was going 160 and i ran low on fuel and leaned the car out.... so now i need a forged block and all that stuff, but it was an 02 z with the ecs paxton novi... made 546rwhp and 466 rwtq.... i wanna get longtubes to go with the forged engine but prob cant afford them at this time

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

7 measly hours----get real---i have been on 4 hot rod power tours and i don't feel tired of my ws6...why would you think that way about a vette.????
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Black
    2003 Z06

Because even if you have done every suspension mod possible (sway bars, l-springs, tublar components etc...) a firebird or camaro is not a vette. They are totally different cars.

Thread Information