2000 Trans Am

Y is it still doing this?

Well i had a service engine soon light for an P0155 (oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction pre-converter sensor right bank) So i replaced both the passanger and driver side front bank oxygen sensors.....i took it to get the code checked and it is still saying P0155 , plus the exhaust gas recirculation, insufficient flow detected (but that's because of the ls6 intake) do i need to reset my pcm or something for it to clear the o2 sensor code???
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

White
    1999 Firehawk

After putting in those parts I would always reset the PCM to clear the code. At least thats what I have always done.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Reset the code, with either a scan tool, diablo etc or by disconnecting the neg bat terminal for a bit. After driving it through a full cycle you shall see if its fixed.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

How long ago did you replace them? The 02 heater diagnostic only runs on a cold start, once per ignition cycle - needs 3 consecutive tests (and pass) to turn the MIL off. I'd just reset the PCM and see what happens.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    How long ago did you replace them? The 02 heater diagnostic only runs on a cold start, once per ignition cycle - needs 3 consecutive tests (and pass) to turn the MIL off. I'd just reset the PCM and see what happens.
    how do i reset the pcm?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    i replaced them last night, and have only driven the car 2 since they were installed.

2000 Trans Am

what exactly do you mean by full cycle?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by flipsutter View Post
    After putting in those parts I would always reset the PCM to clear the code. At least thats what I have always done.
    how do i reset the pcm?

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    how do i reset the pcm?
    You can reset the pcm by disconnecting the negative battery trem or with the scan too. A "cycle" is when the engine goes from cold to normal running temp then back to cold.

You can also reset it this way:

Turn key on, don't start car
    Pull PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
    Wait about 5 min
    Turn ignition off
    Replace fuses

Also resets the readiness tests and will take a few minutes to relearn the idle.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    You can reset the pcm by disconnecting the negative battery trem or with the scan too. A "cycle" is when the engine goes from cold to normal running temp then back to cold.
    so i this normal for the car to not know the new o2 sensor is in there until the pcm is reset or i drive it 3 cycle?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Well i had a service engine soon light for an P0155 (oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction pre-converter sensor right bank) So i replaced both the passanger and driver side front bank oxygen sensors.....i took it to get the code checked and it is still saying P0155 , plus the exhaust gas recirculation, insufficient flow detected (but that's because of the ls6 intake) do i need to reset my pcm or something for it to clear the o2 sensor code???
    do oyu have the rears turned off???

if you do is it possible that you plugged a rear 02 sesor in to the front?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    do oyu have the rears turned off???

if you do is it possible that you plugged a rear 02 sesor in to the front?
    no the rears aren't turned off..the catilatic converters are stock, and i replaced the front ones.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did the light go out and come back on or did it stay on? I'm with the other guys....just need to clear the code and put some drive time on it. You could also drive it and it'll clear itself after it runs and doesn't fail a pre-set amount of times.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    did the light go out and come back on or did it stay on? I'm with the other guys....just need to clear the code and put some drive time on it. You could also drive it and it'll clear itself after it runs and doesn't fail a pre-set amount of times.
    I reset the pcm yesterday afternoon, and when i drove it last night for about an hour it stayed off and then came back on again, i think because of the EGR code i had before, so if it went off then it should have reset itself correct?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would imagine it did but I would take it and have it scanned to be sure. If your egr is missing it'll definitely come on for that but I'd read those codes to make sure that's all you have.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would imagine it did but I would take it and have it scanned to be sure. If your egr is missing it'll definitely come on for that but I'd read those codes to make sure that's all you have.
    I'm going to have the codes read again in about a half an hour, i will give you an update when i return.................

2000 Trans Am

IT FINALLY CLEARED!!! Thanks to everyone that put there .02 in this thread........~Chris

Good deal. Have the EGR codes turned off permanently so you won't be starring at a constant SES, and not knowing if/when something else is going on.

Thread Information