Thread: Would you?

White
    2001 camaro SS

Would you?

Would you or have you removed the heat shield that is above the exhaust in the back where the muffler is? I have cut-outs before the back factory muffler but that heat shield makes a lot of noise?
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Mine is still in place. No plans to remove it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I removed mine on my V6 Camaro which I no longer own for the same reason. Never had any adverse effect from removing it other than the floorboard being a little warmer

White
    2001 camaro SS

I just want to rattle to go away, but I dont want to mess up the car ive heard of ppl removing it, I mean it is there for a reason though..

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Ever put something together and had "spare" parts?

I would just remove it if it's rattling....or if you are set on keeping it, you're going to have to safely jack the vehicle up and crawl under there and inspect it and try to determine why it is rattling and what you might be able to do to keep it from making noise. Something might have broke or came loose.

I'd be inclined to do the same thing, and find out why it's rattling and just fix the issue and keep the shield in place.

It's generally just as simple as tightening up the little screws, or maybe just grab the sheetmetal and give it a little "tweak". It's pretty thin stuff and moves around easily.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I own a different car and my heat shields fell off above my catalytic convertors. The studs on the floorboard snapped off. Might fab up my own shields out of sheetmetal and use large metal tie straps to hold them to the cats. And if/when I get headers, I'll either wrap them or use previously mentioned method.

Thread Information