Thread: wire gauge

pewter
    2002 camaro

wire gauge

hey guys i changed the wire going from the battery to the alternator, its 4awg, sometimes itll run very close to the red area on the battery gage, and it runs fine, but then sometimes on the high side like 15 and it runs like s#!+, thanks for any help, and would this cause to give codes

pewter
    2002 camaro

anyone, is there a place i can go to see where certain parts in my car are i have an 02 camaro, want to know where the vane air flow sensor is, BARO/MAP, throttle postition sensor, H02S 11 heater condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1. Ive got a whole bunch of codes and dont know where to start, please help

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by bertt23 View Post
    anyone, is there a place i can go to see where certain parts in my car are i have an 02 camaro, want to know where the vane air flow sensor is, BARO/MAP, throttle postition sensor, H02S 11 heater condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1. Ive got a whole bunch of codes and dont know where to start, please help
    vane air flow... I think you mean MAF=in front of the throttle body, after the ir cleaner
    your MAP sensor is right on the back of the intake facing the dash (i think it has two vacuum hoses coming out of it and a two wire plug
    throttle position sensor is right on the side of your throttle body (plug with a few wires going into the side of it
    oxygen sensors are as follows= bank 1 sensor 1 (drivers side before the cat) bank 1 sensor 2 (drivers side after the cat) bank 2 sensor 1 (passenger side before the cat) bank 2 sensor 2 (passenger side after the cat)

man it does sound like you have your hands full...question for you, did you have a mouse problem? one of my friends had his mustang parked in the garage for the past years saving up money to rebuild it and mice ate the hell out his wiring harness.

good luck and if you have any more questions just ask

hugger orange

hey guys i changed the wire going from the battery to the alternator, its 4awg, sometimes itll run very close to the red area on the battery gage, and it runs fine, but then sometimes on the high side like 15 and it runs like s#!+, thanks for any help, and would this cause to give codes
    sounds like the voltage regulator is going out in the altenator...id pop the money out for a new alt first, then clear your codes and see if that fixes it. bad voltage can and cause all sorts of problems and even burnup your computer... yes and send out all kinds of codes because of incorrect voltage

pewter
    2002 camaro

thanks bud, changed the map, tps, and battery, im going to go back to autozone and see what codes are still there.

hugger orange

thanks bud, changed the map, tps, and battery, im going to go back to autozone and see what codes are still there.
    just to warn you, I have had altenators test good one week then a week or two later leave me straned somewhere and test bad when I took it back in to test again

pewter
    2002 camaro

well the codes are the same, the only one i didnt change was the maf but i tried a buddy of mines on before i changed theses sensors and the same codes would be on, so the guy from autozone said it might be the computer

hugger orange

well the codes are the same, the only one i didnt change was the maf but i tried a buddy of mines on before i changed theses sensors and the same codes would be on, so the guy from autozone said it might be the computer
    see if you can swap computers with your friend and try it before you go and buy one

pewter
    2002 camaro

well that might be a little more tricky, the maf i used was off a truck which has the same maf as we do.

hugger orange

oh ok. im not sure how close a vehical you have to have for the computer to work. I do knbow the car and truck computer are different

Junior Member Blue LS1 Trans Am's Avatar

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

i have the same problem with my 2000 T/A, changed the MAP, the MAFF, and even more codes came about, now it shows the MAP still, the O2 sensor, EGR, clutch switch and other codes I dont remember which because i did not know what they meant, its about six codes in total, the car shakes while standing still, when I unplug the battery for a while, when I turn the car on the check engine light goes away for about 10 minutes and stops shaking and feels very smooth, as soon as the light comes out again it stars shaking. And sometimes my radio just turns off by itself anyone knows what it might be?

pewter
    2002 camaro

i went and dropped off my car to get it dyno tuned, they didnt tell me what they did, but i didnt have any more codes.

Junior Member Blue LS1 Trans Am's Avatar

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

where did you do that at??

Thread Information