Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Window problems.

my most annoying problem to date is my drivers window. A couple weeks after i first got the car i was at the car wash and rolled down my window to put the money in and when i went to roll it back up, nothing happened. I took took the whole thing out of the door panel and messed with the wires a lil bit and it just rolled up about an inch at a time. After that there was no problems and it worked fine up until four days ago. I was on my way to school and i rolled down the window. I get to school and it wouldnt roll up. I sat there and messed with it and messed with the wires and unplugged the thing and pluged it back in, then i turned the car off and back on and i only managed to get it to go up a cuple inches. So i went the whole day through school with my windows down. Then when i came out after school i statred the car and again it only went up about an inch. Its like the longer i waited that day the more it wud move. But only fractions of an inch all day until it went up. Now it barely works at all. But still the same as before after i wait awhile it will move a fraction of an inch in either direction then nothing.

Iv done everything i can and dont no whether it would be a problem where it plugs in or in the actual switch part. So i just wanted to post this to see if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone has any suggestions. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thank you very much.

Sounds like a classic case of a bad window motor - my passenger side did the same thing before it finally died completely. http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

YEP, window motor. It is common so don't feel bad. I have an 02 and have allready had my Driver side do the same thing and had to get it replaced. And that was before 30,000 miles.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

ditto....go to ebay and type in camaro window motor....you can get a new one for about $20 w/shipping. i just ordered one and i'll be installing it next week. nice link to the writeup, i'll prob be using that

I went the ebay cheap window motor route - wish I would've paid more and got a local lifetime warranty - motor works but it's noisey.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Be really careful when you change it, I almost ended up with a finger missing and it was the one I like the most when people cut me off. LMAO

Black
    2002 Formula Firehawk

ive done it 4 times on different fbody's. The first time is definitely the hardest

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Thanks alot for all the help guys. ill be ordering it in soon.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my driver window did that. Autozone has power window motors for 45 bucks I think? I had guy do it for me for a couple hundred bucks. there's a sticky in general help with how to do it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I bought my motor at o'rileys lifetime warrranty think it was round $50

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I think my motor was a Doorman or something like that. it has a lifetime warranty too.

Black
    2001 Camaro

I have also had this problem and ther are some other factors you may consider. 1 The plug to roldown switches it may look fine but try and reseat this I know alot off people get water in there. 2. Can't say for sure but the inch at a time may be the thermal protection and this occurs do to loose mis adjusted window. (in a bind). My windows are still not fast but if you take your time you can get it adjusted. Only when it rains does mine sqeak alittle.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Mine only moves about a 1/2 inch. Just waiting for it to stop raining to replace it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Driver side spriong fell off.. so had a shop replaced the regulator for 162 bucks.. but the passenger window is starting the whole slow going up.. down is no prob... but going up.. it stops.. then after a while it will go up most of the way....etc.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28 View Post
    I went the ebay cheap window motor route - wish I would've paid more and got a local lifetime warranty - motor works but it's noisey.
    yea mine came with a lifetime warranty too. i dunno if the guys ebay comapny will be around 2-3 years down the road or whenever this thing does crap out on me and if he'll honor the warranty but even if he doesnt, i can still buy 2 of his for less than one of the autozone ones. who knows, he has like 100,000+ positive feedbacks and has been in business for a few years already so he may very well honor the warranty and replace it for free. his seller name was dr.autoparts

in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28
    yeah mine did that so i replaced the motor 60 bucks put it back together than i broke the window and had to get a junkyard window 80 bucks put it all back together and it worked great for one day now the window does the same shit so maybe i have a bad wire or connection but i have heard alot of gm cars do it so maybe it is something else!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Window motor, its a bitch to do, but it is worth it!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

GM is shitty at two things, window motors and rear ends. The only GM vehicle I had that didn't have a window motor go out, or move slow as shitsmoke, was a hand crank model!

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

ive been reading up on the "how to" of window motor installation and its not lookin to easy.

White
    2001 Camaro

I used to work at an auto glass shop, 1st time it will not be easy at all. Shouldnt be to much to have the local glass shop install it for you. Just a thought

Thread Information