Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

Window motor rewire

Has anyone used the rewire kit from autotrix.net? I guess the original wiring under powers your motors so this takes the battery power and directs it to your motor.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I've done it. Gave my stock passenger side motor about another year before it died. Before I did the autotrix kit it would only go up about 3/4 of the way.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

It's one of the few things I will say is a "must do" on f bodies.

It's not to difficult to do (unless colorblind, the instructions can be hard to read the pics) takes about an hour to do. I did mine 4 yrs ago and still have the same window motor going strong.

Black / White

Hardest part for me was running the power wire through the firewall and through the door...other than that it's pretty easy to do.

I agree it is something everybody should do.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

My pass window now beats my driver's window to the up postion by about three seconds. I had to solder the connections. you will have to be patient in snapping the window switch plate back into the armrest. There is zero extra room after the autotrix kit is installed.

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

I'm thinking about doing new motors plus the kit. Do they make one for the drivers window?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by MasonWS6 View Post
    I'm thinking about doing new motors plus the kit. Do they make one for the drivers window?
    Drivers side doesn't really need it...the drivers side tends to get most of the juice before the autotrix kit is installed so you won't need it after you get the passenger side done.

New motors never hurt...lots of write ups on how to do the replacement of the motors.

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

Alright thanks

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    My pass window now beats my driver's window to the up postion by about three seconds. I had to solder the connections. you will have to be patient in snapping the window switch plate back into the armrest. There is zero extra room after the autotrix kit is installed.
    i did ran into the same issue and I opted to put the relays inside the passenger trim next to the passenger floor area. It was not that hard to do. Way easier to install the window switch plate.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That is a good idea. Double the soldering, but a good idea. Unless you re-wired the connectors for the relays?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    That is a good idea. Double the soldering, but a good idea. Unless you re-wired the connectors for the relays?
    I didn't soldered anything I just rewired. As a note I started to noticed the window will not go up sometimes and it ended up been the relay itself not making good contact internally. So before going crazy looking at wires try the relay.

midnight blue
    99 z28 vert

replaced my pass side motor 3 years ago. Works as well as driver's side without rewiring, but window doesn't go up and down that much as its a vert and the top stays down all summer

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    I didn't soldered anything I just rewired. As a note I started to noticed the window will not go up sometimes and it ended up been the relay itself not making good contact internally. So before going crazy looking at wires try the relay.
    I think I soldered 1 or 2 things when I did the autotrix kit but thats just because I wanted to.

On a side not, I went and got smaller butt connectors because the ones that came with the kit were really big and I needed to save space to put everything back under the window switch in the door. I also cut lot of the wiring to get rid of the extra that was not needed. Somebody already referenced it but once you do the wiring, you have to get everything to fit under the window switch panel in the door handle and its a tight fit...so save space where you can. You'll see what I mean after you do it.

Thread Information