Pewter
    2000 WS6/1999 Silverado Z

Who welds in SFC's?

I live near lansing michigan, looking for someone or a shop who can weld em in for me. Ive called around and have been unlucky. Frame shops tell me that collision shops will do it, collision shops tell me frame shops do it. Ive talked to Hardcore racing up in flint, guess they are booked for a month solid. If you have gotton them welded in, how much did you pay??
    Last edited by 00\/\/S6; 04-07-2006 at 07:21 AM.
    SLP Lid / Loudmouth / UMI SFC's, LCA's, and Panhard Bar / !CAGS / Short throw...I need more power!

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Try a muffler shop. Hell it is a 15 minute job tops and I wouldn't pay no more than $50 bucks and that is pushing it. I had mine welded in by my Father in law. You don'tknow anyone that can weld. It is not hard.
    Last edited by BIG D's SS; 04-07-2006 at 12:10 PM.

A Mom & Pop muffler shop did mine for $75 (BMR boxed). Guy on the phone didn't know what SFCs were, threw them in the car and drove over there so he could take a look at them, once he saw what I was talking about no problem.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Whoever does it...make sure they use a drive on lift....the cars weight has to be on the wheels.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Good point about the drive-on lift. It's true that there are some talented welders at the muffler shops-usually you are tipping the guy that's doing it,but there are of course materials and a welder to pay for so-be nice and be generous,it will make the guys day.

Thread Information