Where to get and how to install?

Can anyone tell me where to get a Y-pipe with cats for a reasonable price? I've only been able to find one so far and its over $700

My next question, how much of a sound difference does it make running cats as opposed to running catless....My setup looks like it will be headman ceramic coated long tube street headers with either a magnaflow catback out back or something else similar and quite mellow like the new slp powerflo system.

The last thing I need to know is what do I need to install all this. Will I need extension wires for my O2 sensors? will I need O2 simulators? Will I need any kind of installation kit or gaskets other than what is supposed to come with the headers already? etc,

I just want to have it all arrive at the shop so the guy can go right at it and finish in an afternoon when I get there......its a LONG trip from my place and I don't want to have to leave the car or make the trip twice. And if any materials are required, I can count on them NOT being available unless I make arrangements in advance to have them there.

You should be getting a y pipe from the manufacturer of the headers. $700 sounds extremely expensive unless it includes the headers. Curious why did you decide on hedman? I didn't even know they made headers for an ls1. IMO if you are going to go budget get pacesetters and the TSP catted y pipe. You can get them from the texas speed website. You will need extensions. Don't use the gaskets that come with the headers get a new set of stock gaskets from GM. Magnaflow is a good choice with headers.

Thread Information