Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

What Seats for a 95 Firebird Help

Have a 95 TA with the light gray cloth standard seats. After a 111K miles and two other owners, the driver’s seat is flat and leaves no real support.

What has folks done to improve the seats? Have checked out Corveau which has a micro-faber light gray seat that fits (800 plus 100 for the frame rails). According to the web site, there are custom color available (want to keep as close to the original light gray seat color.

One down side is the seats have Corbeau stitched into them, except for the low end seat (Sportsman) which seem the best fit. However, what else is out there?

My goal is two fold: Have a seat I can drive day in/day out and knot put my back out. And look stock. Started to reach out to bone yards for matching power seats (front and back) with related tracks, switches and trim to put in. However, most likely these will be in leather either dark gray or black.

Do have an option of a local shot to rebuild the front seats with OEM cloth, build up the seat areas in high quality form for $1600 cash. However, there is a time limit on this offer. He works alone and is 84 years old this year. He is a mast craftsman, but don’t want to wait too long in kicking off the reguild vs. buying a new seat or a new replacement.

I just need a seat that is going to give me the wow of driving and will also work for my wife whom had a hip replacement last year.

Would like to hear form others who where in the same boat and came up with a working solution. My budget is $ 2K from new front sets or a full set of seats from a junkere.

HELP!

You can get some new upholstery from hawksthirdgenparts, they may also have some used seats. As far as the seat foam, I don't know. I checked around on craigslist for mine. I have a leather interior, and I hate leather, plus my seats needed recovered. I got a set of standard grey cloth seats for $65. That was just for the front seats. I still need to find some back seats and cloth door panels. I am holding off though, I may just order an upholstery kit with extra material to do the door panels as well.

White
    97 3.8L Firebird 5 Speed

maybe find seats from a 98-02 Formula/ TA from a junkyard, those are some cushy seats

NBM
    1998 Z28

Thumbs up

Check Ebay, there is a guy in Calif. that has almost anything you could need. That is where I get all of my seat parts.

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Conflict View Post
    maybe find seats from a 98-02 Formula/ TA from a junkyard, those are some cushy seats
    Thanks for the help. I contacted a few salvage yards plus Hawk's Thirdgeneration with the results that good OEM seats out of a junker is a thing of the past. While they offer cores, I can work with what I have.

On the better note, stopped at the local shop that fixed my driver seat seam last year and to re-do the front seats with new OEM cloth (his jober still has it!) is $ 400 to $ 450 /seat for the front. Built up the seat, rework the boster on the driver side and hand make the covers.

What I am toying with is to purchase the power seat frame and mount the "manual" seats to the frame. That would give me the hight and adjustment I need in my not so young age (53.) If this works, would do the same to the passenger side since my wife had her hip replaced, she can't take sitting low.

Anyone done this type of conversion, from manul to power?

Thread Information