is what i did ok

the hose thats hooked to back of valve cover on passenger side the hose that runs over to the drivers side valve cover was melted and broke i just took a piece of hose and replaced it is what i did ok? is it hooked up to something else thanx for your help

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

what

the pvc ?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sounds like the secondary air hose. Does the hose attach to a small metal canister, which in turn is connected to the exhaust manifold via a metal tube? If that is what you are talking about, should not be a problem as long as the air can flow to the check valve.

it was broken but all i see is that it was just connected from the valve covers and nowhere else i hope its ok runs fine so far

it looks like a pvc hose or something like i said i am brand new on ls1s so i have no idea its the hose that wraps around behind the intake sits beside the big egr hose thats hooked up to the headers

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseburger View Post
    it looks like a pvc hose or something like i said i am brand new on ls1s so i have no idea its the hose that wraps around behind the intake sits beside the big egr hose thats hooked up to the headers
    that hose would be from rear of both valve covers to a tee, to the small round pcv valve that sits between the top edge of the valve cover and the intake, then to the front pass. side of the intake, right behind the throttle body? and it's hard plastic inside a rubber protector? if so just make sure you don't use a soft hose that could collapse and that it's the right I.D. so it doesnt leak.

i dont see the t that you are talking about is it behind the intake its so tight i can hardly see anything my car is also a 98 if that makes a difference

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Take a picture and post it here using Photobucket....

where do i look for the t at i dont wanna mess anything up right now all i got is a hose runing from 1 valve cover to the other

black
    02 vette vert

where do i look for the t at i dont wanna mess anything up right now all i got is a hose runing from 1 valve cover to the other
    a hose from the rear of one valve cover to the rear of the other is wrong. if your car had the factory lines you should have been able to follow the hose from the drivers side, it should meet up with the one from the pass. side at the back of the manifold toward the pass. side. there they come together with a tee and a single hose comes front along the top edge of the valve cover to the pcv valve which should be right near the third coil if i remember right. the way you have it you're not venting crankcase pressure which is the whole purpose of those lines. pcv=positive crankcase ventilation.

yea i just found the tee its all melted i am going to make me a tee n the morning when napa opens up and cut the hose in the middle going from one valve cover to the other and replace that whole hose thats going behind the throttle body and put my new pcv valve in that hose will that be ok if i do it that way ????? thank you all for your help

theres s no telling how long that hose has been melted i just bought this car so i dont know a lot about it yet

black
    02 vette vert

yea i just found the tee its all melted i am going to make me a tee n the morning when napa opens up and cut the hose in the middle going from one valve cover to the other and replace that whole hose thats going behind the throttle body and put my new pcv valve in that hose will that be ok if i do it that way ????? thank you all for your help
    make sure the pcv is in the right direction, should be good to go.

what way should it be and thank u for ur help

black
    02 vette vert

what way should it be and thank u for ur help
    i dont know if i can explain that one. just ask when you get it , or, i dont remember if its marked for flow direction or not. you want it to flow toward the intake.

Thread Information