Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt

What is good RWHP for LS1?

I joined LS1 a while back when I bought my 2002 Camaro SS 35th Convt. The car only had 6000 miles when I bought it, and had alot of engine work done. Cam/Heads/Intake/Exhaust/Gears, Etc. I finally had a chance to put it on a Chassis Dyno, and it made 421 Horse/394 Torque at rear wheels. How high have you seen these motors get (just on the motor)? How much power is lost in the drivetrain? Thanks, Vonny

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sounds good to me.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vonny View Post
    I finally had a chance to put it on a Chassis Dyno, and it made 421 Horse/394 Torque at rear wheels.
    Thats certainly nothing to snuff at!

The Red Reaper 98Z28importslayer's Avatar

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 T-Top A4

Is it a M6 or A4 ? i know somebody posted the power lost through the drivetrain percent ethier on here or ls1tech. A4 is going to have more power lost for sure.

M6 Cam Only
    Stock LS1 Motor (Stock LS1 Heads)
    TTP Equalizer V.2 Camshaft
    ASP UD Pulley
    10-Bolt 3.42s

with just the above a tech sponser over at ls1tech dynoed 417hp and 399tq. Hopefully that helps you out

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Which heads/cam did you go with? Did you tune afterwards?
    Depending on which set up you went with and how conservative your tune is could change things up a bit.
    Still numbers look pretty good.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Ive read anywhere from 220-335 RWHP stock. There was a post about the 220 rwhp one a while ago.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

220rwhp?

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

290rwhp-305rwhp is good for stock..

220 is like a modified mustang lmfao not ls1

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

ill search for the link! he dynoed 220!

Red

Thanks Guys

This is a great site! Nice Responses. The Cam is duration @.050 is 224, Lift is 581, and sep. is 112. Heads were CNC machined, and its a 6 speed car with 3:73 gears installed. I was hoping it would run an 11.9, but dont look like it. Looks more like a low 12 car. I messed with a stock 07 vette last weekend during a cruise, and didnt even have to downshift to keep up. Felt good. Third gear seems like the get going gear. 1st and second come and go pretty fast. Is there any way to have the asr (anti slip regulation) turn off every time the car is started instead of automatically turning on? Oh ya, the car was tuned on a dyno when the parts were put on. It sounds bad a..! Headers, high flow cats, and borla all the way back. How much boost can I get by with if I supercharge it? Thanks in advance for the answers. F body cars have got to be the best bang for the buck! This much fun should be Illegal! (oh ya, it is...check out my display of power ticket I got on the hot rod power tour..go to hotrod.com, videos, and best memories..Thats me next to the camaro showing off my ticket...It makes me look like a dork, but all in the name of fun!! Good day all..
    Last edited by vonny; 08-08-2008 at 05:18 AM.

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

This is a great site! Nice Responses. The Cam is duration @.050 is 224, Lift is 581, and sep. is 112. Heads were CNC machined, and its a 6 speed car with 3:73 gears installed. I was hoping it would run an 11.9, but dont look like it. Looks more like a low 12 car. I messed with a stock 07 vette last weekend during a cruise, and didnt even have to downshift to keep up. Felt good. Third gear seems like the get going gear. 1st and second come and go pretty fast. Is there any way to have the asr (anti slip regulation) turn off every time the car is started instead of automatically turning on? Oh ya, the car was tuned on a dyno when the parts were put on. It sounds bad a..! Headers, high flow cats, and borla all the way back. How much boost can I get by with if I supercharge it? Thanks in advance for the answers. F body cars have got to be the best bang for the buck! This much fun should be Illegal! (oh ya, it is...check out my display of power ticket I got on the hot rod power tour..go to hotrod.com, videos, and best memories..Thats me next to the camaro showing off my ticket...It makes me look like a dork, but all in the name of fun!! Good day all..
    In reference to the ASR problem, SLP part # 63015 will reverse the normal position of the switch.

As far as a safe boost level, was the static compression ratio changed with the work on the heads? Most agree that a stock lower end will hold 8-9 psi.

Sounds like a bad a$$ car. Have fun with it!
    Drag racing...just another numbers game.

Vortech Super Charger, 9" w/4.11, 3200 Stall, BMR SFC, BMR TracPak, !MAF screen, 160 T-Stat.

Red

ASR sucks!

Great, Im gonna order that part now! I have embarrassed myself enough trying to get on it only to get slapped in the foot by the gas pedal !
    The heads were not milled, so the compression should be ok. It runs fine on pump gas. Would the motor have made more power with octane boost? When I had it on the dyno it had 93 octane in it. I see Vortech is a advertiser here. Would that be the recommended charger for this car..I would like some feedback on what works the best in these cars, thanks.

Drag racing is a disease! RacerBob's Avatar

Maroon
    2000 Z28

Great, Im gonna order that part now! I have embarrassed myself enough trying to get on it only to get slapped in the foot by the gas pedal !
    The heads were not milled, so the compression should be ok. It runs fine on pump gas. Would the motor have made more power with octane boost? When I had it on the dyno it had 93 octane in it. I see Vortech is a advertiser here. Would that be the recommended charger for this car..I would like some feedback on what works the best in these cars, thanks.
    If you had a stock car, I would suggest getting the 4GK218-088SQ; however, since your car is already modified I would push you to the Procharger systems. Vortech is nice for stocker since it comes with everything including a "tune in a box." Procharger seems have a larger following among those who are in the know. I have not had any problems with my system, but I am disappointed in the performance. Bob at Exotic Performance Plus is a Procharger dealer. He knows what he is talking about and he has great prices. I'm sure he can give a recommendation based on your needs and future plans.

Good luck.

Red

Thanks RacerBob, I probably wont do it anymore this year, but would be a fun winter project here in Wisconsin! When the time comes, I'll call Exotic Performance.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I would also lean towards the procharger, instailed two of them and have been amazed by the numbers they put down...
    Either way happy motoring
    J

Thread Information