Midnight Blue
    2002 Camaro SS

what exactly do i have and are these plans a good idea

i recently bought a 2002 camaro ss. it has stage 2.5 heads and a comp cam. 3.73 rear end and shift kit. i'm sure it has after marked headers also. what do i have at the moment? it doesnt seem much faster than stock, why? i am looking into putting a 102mm FAST intake man with a mass airflow sensor, is this a good idea for big HP gains?. what kind of HP should i be looking at? i am looking to bore out the Cub IN to a 408CI and installing a twin turbo. will i be looking at a car faster than 10sec in the quarter? also what kind of work will i be looking at relating to the drivetrain and keeping things from breaking with all the HP coming into this rig.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Whats it run in the 1/4 mile right now? Is it and auto or manual transmission?

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Whats it run in the 1/4 mile right now? Is it and auto or manual transmission?
    OP mentioned shift kit, so auto.

Are you asking what to do with rear end and drivetrain for the h/c ls1 or the FI 408?

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Do you know the specs on the cam? Stall converter? What rear gear ratio? do you know if the car is tuned? I would try and get in touch with whoever owned the car to get as much info on it as possible. The car could have been built for boost, always something to think about. And forget getting a maf, the stock one is best until you get into much higher hp #s

Midnight Blue
    2002 Camaro SS

basically what i'm about to do is pull the motor and build something for the drags. the LS1 is what i plan on making into a 408. i'm not even sure what the quarter is but i do know it was a 13 before he put rear stablizers on the back because it kept bouncing.. it has been tuned yes, not sure on the cam specs or stall as well. i know the kid told me it was a good set up but still to me it seems like its not doing what its capable of. he told me his next move what the 92mm intake with a mass air sens with a 100 shot of nos. i'm seriously shooting for or around 1000hp. i got the money to do it but i just don't know squat about this stuff. from what i have picked up and kinda learned in starting this, the FAST intake with maybe bigger injectors is what i am going to go with. i have even thought about putting a set of 515hp trickflow heads and cam kit setup also. i am wondering if the heads i have and cam is stout enough for what i wanna do. the cam makes this thing damn near kill itself when it idles so that half way tells me there is a pretty big cam. i know from what i have heard the twin turbo they make for these are insane. i know there is a supercharger also but i dont think u get near as much HP gain. on the drivetrain i just need to know how to go about it and what i can do to keep everything from twisting. like i said the money is there i just need to know what are the best products out there for what i am wanting to do.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The only way you'll get close to 1000HP is with a 408ci motor and a lot of boost as you'll get nowhere near that on a LS1 motor.

You cannot turn a LS1 motor into a 408 btw. Two different motors.

- full cage inside the car
    - fully built transmission with a scatter shield
    - fully built suspension
    - Dana S60 rear end
    - slicks

Midnight Blue
    2002 Camaro SS

well its the rotating assembly that i am talking about getting the 408. Lunati EA035-408 Details

Engine Assembly; Engine Kit; 4 in. Stroke; Incl. Rod Journals; 6.125 in. Pro Mod Connecting Rods; -13 cc Dome Pistons; Bearings; Rings; 4.030 Bore; GM LS1 408 cid;

there is another 408 setup that is cheaper aslo. like i sad i dont know much about this stuff but this is what i meant about the 408ci. thats exactly what i needed though as far as what i needed to do for the Major HP gains. i'm not sure but the boost i am buying says its 60%+ HP gains, thats the only reason i thought i could get to 1000HP. i'm trying to get the strongest possible motor before i boost ya know. anyways thanks for the info

Midnight Blue
    2002 Camaro SS

again thanks for the info.
    Last edited by uaintnofamily; 02-03-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Thread Information