Thread: What to do now?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

What to do now?

I just bought a 99 Z28 M6 current mods are as follows
    -full Hooker exhaust with cutouts (lt headers)
    -All emisions are taken off the car and deleated
    -lid
    -bilstein shocks and eibock springs
    -ss wheels and performance tires
    -pro 5.0 shifter
    -Polished stock TB

I am fairly new to the LS1 but know my way around a car so I'm just looking for some imput. Thought a intake manifold and throttle body but does it really need any more throttle body without a cam?

Resident F-body helper
    My first question to you would be "what are you intentions"? Is it for racing, autox, canyon carving, etc.

Regardless of intentions...I always recommend SFCs! Definitely SFCs....

Good luck!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Street maybe some drag racing but overall street use and good handling car. What is SFC?
    Thanks
    Tyler

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

SFC=sub frame connectors
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

get a new and better clutch. and upgrade your hyrolics to the updated slave. and if you have enough, i'd build the trans. but if you dont want to build the trans clutch ect. then yes get sfc and get a ls6 intake. actually here is the order you should do. sfc!!!! a must. a better clutch & hydrolics. then adjustable lower control arms and relocation bracket and a adjustable panhard bar. the lca and panhard that are adjustable will alow you to dial in your rear end..when you dropped the car(lowering springs) it threw off the alignment of the rear..after you get those and dial them in you will see your traction and launches dramatically improve.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

What brand sub frame connectors do you all suggest? Something like Hotchkis? Clutches, what brands and stages do you all run? What do you mean by upgrade the slave, sorry if this is a stupid question just don't know all the lingo yet.

98' trans am

i like and will be getting slp bolt on sfc. clutches cant go wrong with ls7 or spec 3

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

any other suggestions?

Resident F-body helper
    Feel free to PM me any questions. I've never liked bolt on SFCs. In the previous company I was with we sold thousands of weld in SFCs and only a handful of bolt on ones.

Also keep in mind, there's no point upping the power of your car if you can't effectively put that power to the ground. I've seen many 500 hp cars go down to a 400 hp one with a good suspension set up (on the streets that is)

I once had to prove it to a customer who had a nice blown WS6 and stock suspension. We took a stock SS with a few suspension mods that we put in and blew him out of the water from light to light. All he did was spin. Of course if we were on open highway or strip he would have rocked my world (haha)

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Eric @ W.A.R. View Post
    Feel free to PM me any questions. I've never liked bolt on SFCs. In the previous company I was with we sold thousands of weld in SFCs and only a handful of bolt on ones.

Also keep in mind, there's no point upping the power of your car if you can't effectively put that power to the ground. I've seen many 500 hp cars go down to a 400 hp one with a good suspension set up (on the streets that is)

I once had to prove it to a customer who had a nice blown WS6 and stock suspension. We took a stock SS with a few suspension mods that we put in and blew him out of the water from light to light. All he did was spin. Of course if we were on open highway or strip he would have rocked my world (haha)

Red
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Where is the best place to get weld on SFC's?
    Is there really a major strength difference between the weld on SFC's and the bolt on ones?
    About how much are they?

Thread Information