Thread: What to do next

Polo Green
    1990 Corvette

What to do next

I have a 99 Coupe, Automatic with SSI Intake, Cats Eliminated with Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Filter & SLP Air Box with a tune, 3000 Yank Torque Converter & 4.10 Gears - am having trouble getting traction - any ideas as to my hp and any ideas on helping traction. Thanks

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

You have several different directions you could go with your next mod, however each of the following would eventually be helpful:

1. Sub-frame connectors
    2. Drag radials -- great if you're willing to sacrafice a little durability in order to enhance traction
    3. Long-tube headers -- should really help up top
    4. If you're looking for serious gains, it's time for heads and a cam swap.

Do you still have your 1990 Corvette? I have an '89 Corvette and an '02 SS -- it's interesting how both cars offer great performance however they achieve it in such greatly different ways (L98 vs. LS1).
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

I would do sfc's then LT's after that.
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Bat Outta Hell

Black
    96 Z28Ttops, 98 Z28 Conv.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie22golf View Post
    I have a 99 Coupe, Automatic with SSI Intake, Cats Eliminated with Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Filter & SLP Air Box with a tune, 3000 Yank Torque Converter & 4.10 Gears - am having trouble getting traction - any ideas as to my hp and any ideas on helping traction. Thanks
    Id say around around 330rwhp...but probably moves every bit of it with the stall and gears....thats your traction problem...Shoulda went with 3:73 or 3:89 moser....4:10 is too low of a gear for a street car...
    Last edited by NightRiderZ; 11-13-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Polo Green
    1990 Corvette

90 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    You have several different directions you could go with your next mod, however each of the following would eventually be helpful:

1. Sub-frame connectors
    2. Drag radials -- great if you're willing to sacrafice a little durability in order to enhance traction
    3. Long-tube headers -- should really help up top
    4. If you're looking for serious gains, it's time for heads and a cam swap.

Do you still have your 1990 Corvette? I have an '89 Corvette and an '02 SS -- it's interesting how both cars offer great performance however they achieve it in such greatly different ways (L98 vs. LS1).
    Yes, I still have the 90 Corvette. They are quite different. My 90 is more of a touring car but it is fairly quick and top end is faster than I am willing to go. Thanks for the help.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Boxed LCA's and a aftermarket Torque Arm (BMR makes both) would help you hookup better. I agree totally with the 4.10's being too low of a gear ratio.

I have subframe connectors, and full BMR complement with a Y3000, with 3.73's and I have no problems hooking up. I am running 285x35xzr18 all the way around.

When I get agressive on the accelerator, I go from "Farfegnugen to Fukenmovin".

SteveC

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

lower control arm relocation brackets... adjustable LCA... panhard rod to center your rear and less flex... SFC... and a stronger TQ arm...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Pretty steep gear you have there guy.

SFC for sure! You NEED them. Period.

If your not hooking on shitty pavement either A) buy DR or b) go to the track whre its nice and sticky. That tall gear is hurtin your hook. Need some LT also man.

Try being a M6 and trying to get traction. I have 3.73's (the gear you should have) and I suck at feathering the clutch. GL.

Thread Information