Thread: what to do?

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

what to do?

i got 650 bucks for christmas all together and have it narrowed down to 2 things
    1. get TTM's in Anthracite

2.Get SFC's and LS6 intake and installed
    but what makes it hard is ill have the money to get number 2 in the spring when im gettin my headers and true duals...so what should i do n also anyone with pic of those rims on a NBM TA would be appreciated

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Go with performance then/#2, thats what I have always have done....

Blue
    2000 t/a

id say what he said.^

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

wheels set a vehicle off, id go with the wheels.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

As much as I really need new wheels, I dont have the money for it...anyone wants to donate there stock rims or something? I have the gay looking "salad shooter" i think they are called, look at my profile for pix

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Performance then looks

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

but i was thinking juat wait till spring n get LT's,duals,LS6 intake, and get one tune and save the money on 2 tunes

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Then just save your money until the spring then. Besides being in indiana, you dont want to mess up those wheels with the road salt. I am hoping that you have it garaged though...in which just save it for spring, then buy your stuff, and get the computer tuned...once.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I would just wait and do it all together, but if you wanna choose now go with the Intake and Sfc's. Check out your local tuner's because when i got mine tunned i got free tunes on that car but i just had to pay for the dyno time.
    Just an idear.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you can save some cash by doing the intake install yourself. Only takes an 8 and 10mm wrench/socket and an hour of your time. Easiest intake swap you'll ever run across. I would do performance first but that's just me. It's your car so take it the direction you want to go. I'd rather have a somewhat stock looking car that kicks peoples ass than one that looks like it has mods but still runs 13's.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you can save some cash by doing the intake install yourself. Only takes an 8 and 10mm wrench/socket and an hour of your time. Easiest intake swap you'll ever run across. I would do performance first but that's just me. It's your car so take it the direction you want to go. I'd rather have a somewhat stock looking car that kicks peoples ass than one that looks like it has mods but still runs 13's.

Well said...

A lot of people start with intakes and exhaust as their first mods, but the heads and cam are where the power is. I would save up some $$ and get the heads and cam, swap those out and then get it tuned. That way you add probably 80RWHP. Depending on the heads and cam you get. Plus the LS1's are very very easy to work on. Everything is pretty straight forward. The only thing that really gave me any trouble was installing my hooker LT's. After the head and cam is done, then move to intake, duel exhaust, ect.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

that's a fine line to tread on though. You really want the intake and exhaust to go with the heads/cam so the car can breath. That's how this stuff gets so expensive. I would just choose performance over looks but that's personal opinon. I can appreciate a good looking car as much as the next guy......I just want to be able to outrun it.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

that's a fine line to tread on though. You really want the intake and exhaust to go with the heads/cam so the car can breath. That's how this stuff gets so expensive. I would just choose performance over looks but that's personal opinon. I can appreciate a good looking car as much as the next guy......I just want to be able to outrun it.
    I would much rather have the limiting factor be the factory exhaust/intake than the heads and cam. Then once you start adding the intake/exhaust, you will see much larger HP improvements as the parts start to compliment each other. On my next T/A thats where I am going to start.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

depending on the size of the cam it may be starved for air going that route. You could end up with all kinds of drivability problems. Just something to think about.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 5.7L

depending on the size of the cam it may be starved for air going that route. You could end up with all kinds of drivability problems. Just something to think about.
    Really?? I didnt think that you started to starve these engines until you reached close to 500HP.

Thread Information