Sonic Blue
    2000 Mustang

Post What could you/I achieve with $20,000?

I am interested in what you men and women here would do with about $20,000 towards your car. (Considering that it was changed back to stock) This is mainly for my personal use, but it may also be interesting to think about. So please list, that if you still had your bone stock Ls1, and someone gave you around $20,000 to spend on it, what would you do, and why? (Also considering that you could not save/spend the money on any other purpose)

I would like to achieve 600+rwhp with 600+rwtq as with a friend of mine that will be getting the same deal, about $20,000 each. I have been doing countless research on different ways to go around with modifying both of our cars. I would like to take into account on what the population of this website would do with the money if it was going into their Stock 2002 Ws6 or a Stock 2007 GT.

Our plans seem to be focused street drivability, but maximum power when at the track. We originally liked the sound of supercharging our cars in the end, but from what I have been reading it seems that the turbocharger may fit our needs in the end. (We are still undecided) To go with, I need to learn which parts of my engine, in particular need to be forged, and built up to withstand the boost. I understand I will need to work on the trany and the rear end to hold up the power also.

________

So, with $20,000 do you think it is ideal to:

-Go for full adjustable suspension based on drag racing and street drivability.
    -Get the basic bolt ons based around the Forced Induction for full compatibility.
    -Forge the necessary parts of the engine for the future power.
    -Work on the transmition and rear end to hold up to the future power.
    -Find the right place to purchase a great TT setup or other FI. (Undecided)
    -Find the best place, even if it means to trailer our cars 500 miles to get the best tune possible.

(While retaining full street drivability with the ability to daily drive the cars around)

Did I leave anything out that I should have placed in the list, if so, what?

Thank you for anyones help, and lets hear what you guys would do instead/also.

-Drew

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Simple. I would drop a Nelson Performance 402 Stroker forged spinner assembly/FinishLineTrans Stage V w/Yank 3400 stall/and a solid rear end for the driveline. Cost around $14K...spend the rest on the corners....brakes/shocks...beef up the chassis joints with poly and solid extensions.....and blow the doors off everything that drove up.

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

Full suspension, weight reduction, 383/402/408 stroker, ATI SC......and spend the rest on tires, but then again, there'll probably be nothing left....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Do what I did.

I am all motor though...523 RWHP 470 ft/pounds.
    Did about everything short of a poweradder.
    Suspension, wheels, motor, rearend, tires, etc....
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Sonic Blue
    2000 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Do what I did.

I am all motor though...523 RWHP 470 ft/pounds.
    Did about everything short of a poweradder.
    Suspension, wheels, motor, rearend, tires, etc....
    I sent you a small private message. =)

I have been entertaining the idea of an engine swap... I just do not have all the information on the subject as of now. I am able to buy a beater to drive around daily, but I would love to be able to drive my fox body around on a semi-daily basis to say the least.

May I ask on what type of mileage I would expect with a 383-408 stroker? Another question, how much do you guys think a full Ls7 swap may cost around? It seems that the Ls7 is inherently more expensive than the other full crate engines online, why?

The idea of swapping in a crate engine seems interesting, and my friend with his 2007 Mustang GT is looking into possible swaps for his engine. I think I just need to find some more information somewhere on swapping crate engines. Specific information on each engine, not as much as the technical information which I have been able to find. More information on, how the engine will handle from daily trips to work, and what type of mileage I could expect. If one of you guys or gals could please point me in the right direction, or give me any more information on different specific engine swaps, dealing with every day drive ability and the ability to pull as much power as possible.

Lets say, I have $20,000 for the swap alone, and I could put in another $10,000 for suspension upgrades and tranny/rear end builds. (Plus any other problems/mods I may be able to place on after the swap and builds)

Thanks a lot guys.

-

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Blown 402.

Thread Information