Thread: What cat to buy

freshduckie

What cat to buy

2001 ws6 m6

Need a new passenger side cat, but will replace both. I was going to go with carsounds cats, do I need 2.5" in/out? Will a unversal fit work? Do I just cut them off and weld back on or do I need to do something with the y-pipe, stock exhaust currently.

Thanks alot

Doug

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

are they factory cats? if so, just take it to the dealer and it's replaced free for 8/80.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Or if you're out of warranty-I know it would be tough to weld in a universal one in the space given.It would take a good muffler shop to pull that off but nothings impossible.

silver
    2000 camaro ss

why do you need a new cat?

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    are they factory cats? if so, just take it to the dealer and it's replaced free for 8/80.
    My first thought too - throwing P0430?

silver
    2000 camaro ss

????? im wondering because i think i may need a new one???? mine was glowing red the other day!!!! think it may be clogged. i am having bad hesitation when at wot as well.

Throwing any codes/have stock post cat 02 sensors?

silver
    2000 camaro ss

no codes at all

freshduckie
    They are both stock, I don't get any codes thrown, dealer will not fix because no codes. You can hear a rattling sound as well. So can anyone tell me the specs? Will it really be hard to weld in?, how does everyone else do it with new high flow cats?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

If it's rattling that means it breaking up internally.it's just a matter of time until it starts shooting chunks out.It's still not setting codes because there is enough material left to work at cleaning the exhaust.But that won't last long.I would wait until it threw a code if that's what they want-if it's really rattling inside the convertor then it won't take long.

freshduckie
    Well is there a way to speed it up maybe, haha. You see my car jerks randomly when driving and I think its linked to the cat chokeing the exhaust. I have looked at other things and myself, friends, and some mechanics come up with that cat.

Thread Information