Thread: What to buy?

ARCTIC WHITE
    2002 35TH ANNIVERSARY Z28

What to buy?

Well the boss has allowed for a little money to be spent. The catch is its on a summit racing card so it has to come from summit. Here is whats done now.

2002 Z28 A4, ss ram air hood, all the free mods, slp air lid, Flowmaster muffler but I have a cut-out, shift kit, hypertech programmer, should have a 3:73 in about two weeks.

I've thought about a cam but won't have the $ for a tune after. Whats your opinion. Are rockers worth the $ or should I go ahead and upgrade the suspension.

Keep in mind its not a dialy driver but it is a drive anywhere/anytime car. Its comfortable and I want to keep it that way. All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Well, I guess it all depends on how much is on that card. Also I would return the car to the stock tune and sell the hypertech programmer and put the funds towards other things for the car.

Rockers are going to net you about 10-12hp. Same is said for an UD pully.

Also I enjoy dealing with summit. Some times if you really want something that isn't in the cataloge they can still get it at a good price for you.

Let us know what type of $ your working with and we can give you better ideas how to spend it wisely.

Ken

2002 Black WS6 A4.
    FI, H/C, LT headers, full exhaust, Fast 90/90. MWC Fab 9". Subframe connectors,
    Lower Control Arms, Panhard bar, Torque arm Strano Springs & Sway Bars.
    Koni Yellows. FLT Stage VII trans w/ PAS3400
    ASC# 4619 Conversion date was Dec 3, 2001

ARCTIC WHITE

Technically I have $1000 on the card but inorder to keep everyone happy I have put my limit at $500. I have thought about getting rid of the programmer but I like the ability to change shift points and speedo calibrations when I change the gear. Plus I also have it set to turn the fans on sooner cause I have a 160 thermostat.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Well, if your going to do a cam swap or get heads your going to need to get a dyno tune or mail order tune. And when you get that tune you can have the shift points adjusted along with your gear and fan.

Now that we know that you have about $500 to spend at summit. I would say maybe a Tq arm or some lower control arms if your looking a suspension. Or a stall along with a tranny cooler would make the car fun to drive.

red
    2000TA

can FROST do a tune if you swap the cam?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I would believe so, he's been tuning these cars for some while.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

While frost will be able to get the tune close, u still should have it dyno tuned you will get the most performance and life out of the car.

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Maybe they BBK headers? I didn't see it in your sig list.

Personally I was very happy upgrading my shocks on my 99 z28. I liked it so much I am jonesing like a crack head with my 02 z28. The De Carbon shocks are just horrible.

Maybe sub frame connectors? I know that is usually one of the first suggestions someone makes when discussing suspension. I know a local guy that said he was so amazed at the improvement his boxed SFC made.

happy shopping. i love summit racing.

Thread Information