blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

well first of the buffalo snow

had to run an errand in the car, and guess what? yup its snowing. wasnt too bad yet but i can definately feel the back end kicking out more after that tune. question for a4's if u have to drive in the snow (dd so im at the mercy of the weather) do u leave it in overdrive or do u drop it down to D or possibly 2 or 1 if ur having trouble hooking up from a stop? also if u just drive it in D do u pull better times? or for instance my friends sometimes "dial it up" and go from 1,2,d,od believing they go faster.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

all i have to say is good luck. i live in michigan and had to drive with a v6 camaro for a couple winters and that was hard. it is possible because i have a few friends who drive their 2 wheel drive trucks all winter (i know more weight but close to the same problem). all i can suggest, but i am far from an expert or have no experience other then the v6, is take it easy and let off on the gas even if going a steady speed when you get to a situation were their might be ice. your back end will kick out even on the highway on a bridge going a steady speed. get some nice snow tires and you should do fine. as for the second gear thing i believe, and i might be wrong, it still starts in 1st but it will stay in second once you get there. might here you in slowing down but not in starting. all overdrive is, is basically another gear (should be 4th but if im wrong correct me) so changing that wont do you that much either. hope this somewhat helps.

chris

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol yeah i definately taught myself how to drive conservatively after a couple close calls last year. sure as hell have to get 2 new tires, my fronts are pretty worn. tonight the back was starting to slide whenever i came close to 1500 rpm. didnt take it above 35 till i got some clear road. campus popo got the new chargers, and i saw one driving infront of me taking it easy too. someone did take out a sign on the road though
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

nice snow tires in the rear will make a world of difference.

chris

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=11

thats wat i got on the rear right now with like 10+k miles on them and theyve been holding up really good. im going to throw them on the front and get another 2 of these for the rear. apparently from wat i saw on tire rack these rank really high on their traction tests for 130 a tire.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

You are taking it smart. Dont do over 35 and you should be fine. Some new tires will make a big difference. If you have traction control leave it off. I have a hard time keeping the car going when the tc keeps taking away throttle. Being in buffalo some snow tires in the rear would be a good choice. You could always take them off when the weather gets nice and put on regular tires.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

my car doesnt have the traction control on/off switch. but yeah been just takin it easy

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Blizzacks are the way to go...not sure on the price tho

Thread Information