Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Water in the oil?

Hi, I have a question. Idk if it's kinda dumb question. But maybe some of u notice that on your car or somethin
    ok I got a 98 camaro z28. It has 118k miles on it
    I had it for 6 months. And since I had that car I noticed that when I havnt drive it for 2 days or more. I open the oil cap. N it seems like it has water on the inside of the oil cap. I drive it everywhere. Never had overheatin problems,smog out of the exhaust. Or any kind of problems whe the head gasket is bad. So I took it to the mechanic shop
    and they say it's normal cuz most or all the cars do dat when you dnt drive them for days. 4 diferent mechanics told me dAt
    and when I drive it everyday. It doesn't have that on the oil cap
    and I have a maxima 97 I drive it everyday I had it for one year
    and that one has the same thing every morning. And it does not overheat ither
    so now I'm confused is dat normal?
    Thanks

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Hi, I have a question. Idk if it's kinda dumb question. But maybe some of u notice that on your car or somethin
    ok I got a 98 camaro z28. It has 118k miles on it
    I had it for 6 months. And since I had that car I noticed that when I havnt drive it for 2 days or more. I open the oil cap. N it seems like it has water on the inside of the oil cap. I drive it everywhere. Never had overheatin problems,smog out of the exhaust. Or any kind of problems whe the head gasket is bad. So I took it to the mechanic shop
    and they say it's normal cuz most or all the cars do dat when you dnt drive them for days. 4 diferent mechanics told me dAt
    and when I drive it everyday. It doesn't have that on the oil cap
    and I have a maxima 97 I drive it everyday I had it for one year
    and that one has the same thing every morning. And it does not overheat ither
    so now I'm confused is dat normal?
    Thanks
    IMHO Condensation. Yes it's normal and will burn off when the engine is fully up to temp. Short trips can cause this because the engine does'nt always reach heat saturation durring small runs to the local store and such. Say 2-5 miles or less. Short trips also cause water to build up in the exhaust and can prematurely rot it out too.. But other than that you gotta get her hot for longer and it will go away..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Thanks, that relieve me now. Usually I drive it 5 miles to work. And the 8 hours after I drive it 5 miles bk home. And that's whe I see it
    and when I drive it more than. 10 miles or longer that's when the cap it's dried or it has jst oil.
    I really apreciate the help. I was thinkin bout sellin it n get another one.
    Bt since it's normal I'm gonna keep it
    thank you.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Thanks, that relieve me now. Usually I drive it 5 miles to work. And the 8 hours after I drive it 5 miles bk home. And that's whe I see it
    and when I drive it more than. 10 miles or longer that's when the cap it's dried or it has jst oil.
    I really apreciate the help. I was thinkin bout sellin it n get another one.
    Bt since it's normal I'm gonna keep it
    thank you.
    No prob..Your mechanic was also right when he said it happens to all engines. Same short trip condition still applies..

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

That's good to knw cuz. That car had me trippn lol

Thread Information