blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

wat to get next?

im torn between wat to get next. a pcm tune with a programmer. or some 4.10 gears. ive been dieing for a tune, my buddies telling me to drop some 4.10's or at least 3.73's but i dunno how much thatll cost. if i could get it done for under 700 i might go for the gears. any ideas on which i should do first, and anyone know any good shops in the buffalo area that can do a decent/well priced job on either?

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I would get the 4.10 if it is a M6, then later on get the tune. The gears will make a dramatic difference. I think you should be able to get them done for $700.

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

its A4 my friend just told me i can get gears for 150 and install for 400. he claims upgrading from 2.73 to 3.73 will be like a 100 hp increase. pcm tune, including all the dyno runs and shit like that + diablo programmer for 700, dude says i can gain 60 hp with current set up. whos more full of shit? which is better?

slp cai
    slp 85 mm maf
    slp tuned headers
    slp loudmouth

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

and how will the gears affect gas mileage?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

well, if you do gears you'll have to get a tune to fix the speedo and shift points anyhow. I would personally do a stall, tranny cooler, and tune.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    its A4 my friend just told me i can get gears for 150 and install for 400. he claims upgrading from 2.73 to 3.73 will be like a 100 hp increase. pcm tune, including all the dyno runs and shit like that + diablo programmer for 700, dude says i can gain 60 hp with current set up. whos more full of shit? which is better?

slp cai
    slp 85 mm maf
    slp tuned headers
    slp loudmouth
    4.10s would probably hurt gas mileage on an A4 pretty bad. Most M6s do the 4.10s. IMO I would def do a higher stall, its the best mod for A4s. Also the SLP headers kill ground clearance and a over priced. Stick with Pacesetter LTs, or Kooks if you have the money.

A stock MAF will support 500 RWHP, and if you upgrade it will only give problems.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If you wanna do gears its gonna be about 300-500 labor depends were you go. The gears you can buy used or new there really not that expensive, especially used. The gears will make a big difference on your car. If you have an auto complimenting it with a higher stall, cooler and tune will without a doubt be a noticable difference in acceleration as well as stated above.

Thread Information