Black
    2012 Camaro

Warranty Pricing/Quality

Good morning all:

I have a quick question...I just got back into a Camaro (5th Gen V-6 auto) three days ago and I want to buy an extended warranty. I felt they were waaaaaaaay to expensive at the dealership, so I took a pass.

I have no interest in modding this car as it will become my sons daily driver in three years, so it'll be 100% stock from here on out.

I am looking for the best bang for the least buck here. I'd love to have a REPUTABLE company to buy from with an outstanding warranty product, so I desperately need to get your advice. If I pay a little more for a great product and get outstanding customer service, I am good for that.

PS-I love this car...drove it 600 highway miles and averaged 28.1 MPG, and more HP than my ole' LS1 Camaros and almost as much as my stock 2000 Corvette. Amazing what technology can do.

Thanks in advance!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

By far the best one out there is GMPP Major Guard. Claims are processed nearly instantly in almost all cases, the parts used are always genuine GM parts, and are installed by GM technicians who will be the most familiar with your car.
    Most other extended warranties are a pain to process, which will leave your car in the shop for a few days to a week. And the bad aftermarket warranty companies (and some of the better ones) deny a lot more claims. And they might only pay for aftermarket replacement parts (meaning you'll get a cheap wiper motor from NAPA instead of a GM replacement).

Black
    2012 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    By far the best one out there is GMPP Major Guard. Claims are processed nearly instantly in almost all cases, the parts used are always genuine GM parts, and are installed by GM technicians who will be the most familiar with your car.
    Most other extended warranties are a pain to process, which will leave your car in the shop for a few days to a week. And the bad aftermarket warranty companies (and some of the better ones) deny a lot more claims. And they might only pay for aftermarket replacement parts (meaning you'll get a cheap wiper motor from NAPA instead of a GM replacement).
    Thank you for the heads-up Cutlass...With GMPP, do I have the ability to buy it online, or do I have to acquire it through a dealer? Any discount vendors out there for this product?

Thanks again...

DD92

Black
    2012 Camaro

One other question...are there any recommendations whom to buy the GMPP through? If the GMPP is the same everywhere (in all GM Dealerships), I am looking at price as the main concern for the Major Guard.

Thanks.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I don't know a whole alot about buying it or pricing. All I know is from the service side. The service writers and technicians have a lot easier and faster time using GMPP. There are other good aftermarket extended warranties out there, that cover most things and use good parts (or good used parts sometimes), but I can't think of their names at the moment.

yellow
    2004 gto

you can negotiate the price of you're extended warranty with the dealer, i heard this off Clark Howard's talk radio show. His word is as good a gold to me

Thread Information