Thread: Vibration Help!

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Vibration Help!

Hey guys I finished my Stainless steel LT Headers install with ory pipe. However to get the passanger side in I had to loosen the transmission bolt at the support isolator so that I could lift up the engine. Now i need a tune obviously but at around 60 to 70 mph I have a terrible vibration coming from my shifter and tranny. It is fine up to that speed and after that the u joint looks fine at the tranny so is it possible that I tighten the transmission mount down to much or would you guys think that it is still a bit loose. I am at a loss on this one.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ghawk996 View Post
    Hey guys I finished my Stainless steel LT Headers install with ory pipe. However to get the passanger side in I had to loosen the transmission bolt at the support isolator so that I could lift up the engine. Now i need a tune obviously but at around 60 to 70 mph I have a terrible vibration coming from my shifter and tranny. It is fine up to that speed and after that the u joint looks fine at the tranny so is it possible that I tighten the transmission mount down to much or would you guys think that it is still a bit loose. I am at a loss on this one.
    Since you messed with that support, I would lift the car up and start there. I don't think you could over-tighten but you may have left it loose maybe

That or maybe it could have backed out a bit. I would check with that bolt first
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Does the shifter raise when you hit the gas? If so, you left something loose. Also check the clearance of the Y-pipe and K-member as there has been issues with the pipe and K-member rubbing together.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I dont recall the shifter rising up at all but I also installed the pro short throw shifter while I had the car down. Like I said it is fine til I get up to cruising speed on the interstate but I need to check it out more. Just wondering if anyone has run into this b4?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hurst?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Ghawk996 View Post
    Does it matter what gear you are in or does it just vibrate at 60 -70mph regardless?
    Does it vibrate on accel, decel, or cruising?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Does it matter what gear you are in or does it just vibrate at 60 -70mph regardless?
    Does it vibrate on accel, decel, or cruising?
    I'm going with loose bolts as well, at least until these q's are answered.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

have you check the tranny mount? Is it tight and good? the only other thing could be that some how you change the angle of the driveshaft. Make sure evrything is tight like the others said. I has this problem but around 40-50 mph and it turned out to be that I changed the angle of the DS when I installed the relocation crossmember.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I drove the car today but didn't have any vibration at all crusing at 60 but I started to feel it a bit once I approached 70 so I will have to jack it up a check to see if I missed something.

The bad news is that I believe that I locked my keys in the car. So now I have that issue to deal with first because I move recently and cant even find my spare set.

black
    2000 trans am

Have to agree with the others, something has to be still loose.

Thread Information