SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Unlocking problem

You know how you can't use the interior unlock buttons to unlock the door once it is locked and the doors are shut? Dang security features. . .how do I stop that?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

really? wonder why mine work. i can lock/unlock mine with the interior switches. sounds like you have either bad switches or relays. unless i'm missing something.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

99 Firebird Formula

My project next weekend is to rewire the hatch switch so that it works when the car is running...that makes me so mad!!!

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

They lock unlock right away, but lock it and then sit there for 5 minutes and they won't. MY last one was like this too. Keli, it will pop when you have the car running, an A4 has to be in park and a mannie has to have the p-brake up

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yea mine does that too...was told gm did that to the locks on the t-top cars so you can leave the tops off when you park. After a few minutes it kills the unlock switch...don't know how to bypass it. The place that installed my alarm had to use 2 relays to send a double pulse in order to unlock the doors...first pulse disarms and second unlocks doors

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Maybe I need to use my double pulse then. It is a problem now because I installed keyless entry and remote start today, but the keyless entry uses the unlock wires to unlock it of course, and the car kills the power to the switch. I have the double pulse option, but don't know how to hook it up for this. Everything with the keyless entry and remote start works great though. . .I'm excited. . .

05 Wrangler

The prob i'm having since the install is for some reason they did something to make the door always seem open Soon as I put the key in the ignition, it beeps for me to take it out...like the door's open or something. Does yours do that? Also the radio shuts off as soon as I remove the key.....basturds.

05 Wrangler

sorry...not trying to hijack:firedevil

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Oh it's cool, I found a diagram of the relays needed to get it all right, I just gotta find out if I need diodes with the relays or not. That would suck dinging at you all the time. I've done remote start and keyless entry once before and figured I could pull it off so I decided to buy the stuff for under 100 bucks rather than paying 350 to get it installed. I'm trying to think what they could have crossed to make yours do that, I can't think of how they could make that mistake there aren't any wires related in that way. What's the name of your system?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Update: I got it, just took a little time and proding with a voltmeter to find out exactly how the factory shuts down the system then it was pretty easy to get around. Altogether keyless entry/remote start/trunk popper took about 3 hours to install. Severe, let me know what kind of system you have, I actually think I know what they did wrong now tha I learned how to bypass the unlock shutdown. They should fix it regardless right? They screwed you up they should fix it.

05 Wrangler

It's a python 680xp responder...I hope you know how to fix it cause it's bugging the hell out of me...I can't go to a drive in theater or anything....not that I want too though I should of just installed it myself

Good to hear you figured yours out...how does the factory shut the lock down?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

The switch puts out a neg, but at the BCM it's pushing neg and the neg has to be cut off and switched to pos to unlock it. It isn't neutral and you apply a pos, you actually have to maintain a negative polarity and reverse it. Basically the door switch grounds it and when the bcm sees this as input it drops the output ground and hits the motor with a pos. I hope that makes sense. You use a 5-pin relay that can maintain the fatory neg until you hit the button then it cuts the factory system off altogether and jumps it's own pos in. Did they hook you up with dual stage unlock where one door unlocks and you hit it again to unlock both like factory? If not you only needed one relay

99 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    They lock unlock right away, but lock it and then sit there for 5 minutes and they won't. MY last one was like this too. Keli, it will pop when you have the car running, an A4 has to be in park and a mannie has to have the p-brake up

I learn something new every day.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

From men usually? We are the origin of all things knowledgable

05 Wrangler

w..o..r..d..s...too many....can't understand Yea I think i'm catching on...so what exactly do I have to do in order to unscrew my alarm? Is there a website with wiring diagrams or anything?

05 Wrangler

Here's a pic of the manual..

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Ok, give me some time with it, I have been working this whole time so I'm in and out, plus I have to get up early and go meet the guy that bought my chevelle to give him the title and get the rest of the money, so I appoligize if my new few responses are slow and spread out. I love that diagram man, I could have hooked that thing up in my sleep after doing mine -less than 20 wires? I'm gonna post you a pic of mine just for the sake of comparison. . .

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I can't attach the diagram of mine, but the point was that mine was 51 wires. . .lol. Yours is less than 20, surely we can get this worked out. My diagram is scary. . . . .but this thing will do ANYTHING for you. . .well almost. . .

Thread Information