Turbocharging my truck

I have a 95 single cab short bed lowered 1500 that has a LS1 lightly built motor with turbo 350 tranny. I'm wanting to turbo it with as little money as possible but still having quality, looking to be around 550-600hp. I have a turbo, aluminum radiator with electric fans and stand alone harness. Also have some new high dollar fuel lines and such and corvette fuel pump. What all do I need as far as tubing, inter cooler and others? Is there a decently priced kit that will come with everything I need? Or do I need to look at header kits and tubing/inter cooler kits separate?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Turbocharging my truck

Others will chime in, as I'm not boost savvy. I have read about people using, I think, 5.3 manifolds, installing them backwards so the flange faces the front of the vehicle and fabbing a crossover pipe to connect the manifolds to the turbo. Then routing a pipe from the turbo out the back of the vehicle, if not out the front fender, under the front bumper or behind the front tire.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am not certain if anyone has ever posted up what kits or parts they have used to graft an intercooler onto their LS turbo system. As is, the 5.3 is a stout performer so a little FI on it is going to up the fun factor quite a bit. Do your research and ask questions to ensure that you obtain the correct parts combo the first time. Good luck!

Thread Information