2 badass birds

RED/black
    97ws6/05 GTO

Turbo Buick purchase

Would you LS1 guy make a move to older V-6 turbo ?? Better fuel mileage and just as much power little sleepy...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...m150259301990&

rapter34
    I love the Grand Nationals yeah unless you know what they are they are really good sleepers. would I trade my F-body for one no. I like to go fast AND look good. the GN looks very plains and most people will just pass it off as another 80's car.

83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

I also like the look of the GN's and with some money, they can go just as fast as our f bodies. My biggest problem with them is the interior. I hate their interior with a passion. That is why I would not buy one.

Black
    '98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98formy View Post
    I also like the look of the GN's and with some money, they can go just as fast as our f bodies. My biggest problem with them is the interior. I hate their interior with a passion. That is why I would not buy one.
    I would have to agree with you. The interior screams too much '80's American' car for me.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I'd have to agree. They have alot of potential, but I wouldn't take one over a F-body. I'd prefer a Syclone or Typhoon over the GN. Same basic engine/turbo setup but they take off like a bat outa hell and have TONS of potential.

2 badass birds

RED/black
    97ws6/05 GTO

had a syclone 4.3 turbo awd 700r trans totaly diffrent but crazy fast. super tight in the cab had to sell it way to cramped on trips of any lenght

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

go with 89 20th anniversary ta if you want the turboed 6 cylinder

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

i would by a grand national, i like the look of them. and the sleeper quality, amazing, all the ricer boys would pass it off as some kid driving his granfather's hand-me-down beater... it would be such a surprise.

but i would also keep my f-body, they just look too damn sweet on the road, turn a lot of heads.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Turbo Regals are Great Cars Although I wouldn't buy a GN I would look for a T-Type or WE4 (lightweight). And guys it doesnt take alot of money to make a TR Fast, for about $600 you can run bottom 12's on Race Gas.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

I have owned 3 Buick Grand Nationals in my life. An 1984 and 2 1987s. Just to let you know the one you posted is NOT a Grand National. The GNs had NO chrome around anything. That is what they call a 'Type T'. They are not quite as fast (although lighter) and no where near as collectable as a true GN. Becareful and have the VIN ran at a local dealer, to my knowledge there was no simple WS-6 code to look for. There were TONs of Type-Ts that were painted a decaled to look like a GN. Lastly, I recomment get a 86 or an 87. The 84-85 were NON-intercooled and had electrical problems. The intercooler was about a 70hp difference. Plus the 87s were quite reliable. I never owned an 86.

I changed my turbos to a larger ceramic bearing, intake, exhaust and a computer mod and I was hitting 11.3s all day long with race gas.
    Last edited by muteki; 06-20-2008 at 03:03 PM.

red
    0235thanv

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    go with 89 20th anniversary ta if you want the turboed 6 cylinder
    OR a T type LOL!!which are actually lighter then the GN

Thread Information