Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Trufiber shipping $400 :-(

Does anyone know anyone selling Trufiber hoods closer to Canada that wouldn't rape me on shipping 529 for the hood and 399 in shipping yikes!!!

dam that messed up...i got quoted for a VFN factory ram air for $655 shipped

Black

Where

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post

I am not sold on Trufiber only where did you get that quote? I would like to check.
    With trufiber I'm up to $928 and then the 13% tax and 7% duty ishhh sucks to be in Canada when you want to buy something

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

I got a VFN hood for $400 and $150 or so for shipping. I love the hood too, fits, looks, and works great. I'd recommend it over Trufiber, but my friend has a Trufiber and his is also working and looking great! But you should check it out. You cant go wrong either way with those two companies!

But i'm not sure about T/A hood prices, or shipping to Canada...

Black

Oh

Do we need hood pins for those hoods ???

Black

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalik View Post
    I got a VFN hood for $400 and $150 or so for shipping. I love the hood too, fits, looks, and works great. I'd recommend it over Trufiber, but my friend has a Trufiber and his is also working and looking great! But you should check it out. You cant go wrong either way with those two companies!

But i'm not sure about T/A hood prices, or shipping to Canada...
    Was it through VFN direct or a store /distributor?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Do we need hood pins for those hoods ???
    i emailed them...no, you dont need hood pins, it just like a factory bolt on

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

save your money. $1k for just a hood is rediculious...

Black

Cool

i emailed them...no, you dont need hood pins, it just like a factory bolt on
    I appreciate it man thanks a lot

You can always have the hood shipped the a border town in Maine, and then go pick it up. I think for anything that is made in america there is no duty, you would only have to pay HST to bring it across the border.
    And most american companies ship 10X cheaper within thier own borders.

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

I bought it from VFN on their website. Pay close attention to what you order when you do, if you see two similar hoods, and one is $100-$200 cheaper, it most likely comes with hood pins rather than bolt on.

Additional costs besides hood and shipping will include your equipment, matching, painting, and labor time, which costed me another $530 i believe. So my overall price of everything was $1,080ish.

Black

Thanks

I bought it from VFN on their website. Pay close attention to what you order when you do, if you see two similar hoods, and one is $100-$200 cheaper, it most likely comes with hood pins rather than bolt on.

Additional costs besides hood and shipping will include your equipment, matching, painting, and labor time, which costed me another $530 i believe. So my overall price of everything was $1,080ish.
    Yep I called my body shop guy and your about right h said 350 to 550 depending on how it goes so that I calculatd but the 400 shipping is a little pricey I hope VFN is a little more reasonnable I would go factory WS6 replacement instead of WS9 with Trufiber

Trufiber emaile me and it would be 150 to the main border but I need an address to ship to don't know anyone there....:-(

Black

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    You can always have the hood shipped the a border town in Maine, and then go pick it up. I think for anything that is made in america there is no duty, you would only have to pay HST to bring it across the border.
    And most american companies ship 10X cheaper within thier own borders.
    U don't know anyone there do u????

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

U don't know anyone there do u????
    Ship it to a business, like a repair center/auto shop. Offer a tip or something to whoever lets you ship it to them?

Black

Yep

Ship it to a business, like a repair center/auto shop. Offer a tip or something to whoever lets you ship it to them?
    I gotta a spot so $150 shippng it is the only thing I wonder bout now is would you accept a hood without checking it first If I do that how will I know if it's goo or all cracked etc.... Humm I guess I'll have to chance it woul VFN have better quality control than Trufiber?????

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

My VFN hood is in perfect condition, and i would accept a hood from them, i trust that company a lot, and they have many years of experience with making fiberglass hoods for f-body vehicles.

My friend's Trufiber hood has a small crack in the fiberglass, it really isnt that noticable, but its nearly in the center of his ws6 hood, but i wouldnt let this stop you from choosing a company. Small things like this are common in hand-made fiberglass hoods (it could happen to a VFN hood...).

Both companies will offer a replacement if something goes wrong in the shipping, all you will have to do is pay to ship the hood back to them.

The VFN ws6 replacment is $495, and weighs 25lbs. The Trufiber is $479 for the ws6, and it probably weighs the same. However, Trufiber also offers the "ws9" hood, which i would recommend getting for two reasons, 1.) it looks badass, 2.) why pay so much money for a part that is offered stock?

That is why i replaced my hood with a cowl... Anyway, if you want ws6 hood, go VFN, and for ws9 (my choice now that i remembered the company offers it for so cheap) go Trufiber. They will have nearly the same shipping, and the few bucks you save with Trufiber is made up for with the service and quality of VFN.
    Last edited by Mahalik; 11-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Black

You are the man thank u

My VFN hood is in perfect condition, and i would accept a hood from them, i trust that company a lot, and they have many years of experience with making fiberglass hoods for f-body vehicles.

My friend's Trufiber hood has a small crack in the fiberglass, it really isnt that noticable, but its nearly in the center of his ws6 hood, but i wouldnt let this stop you from choosing a company. Small things like this are common in hand-made fiberglass hoods (it could happen to a VFN hood...).

Both companies will offer a replacement if something goes wrong in the shipping, all you will have to do is pay to ship the hood back to them.

The VFN ws6 replacment is $495, and weighs 25lbs. The Trufiber is $479 for the ws6, and it probably weighs the same. However, Trufiber also offers the "ws9" hood, which i would recommend getting for two reasons, 1.) it looks badass, 2.) why pay so much money for a part that is offered stock?

That is why i replaced my hood with a cowl... Anyway, if you want ws6 hood, go VFN, and for ws9 (my choice now that i remembered the company offers it for so cheap) go Trufiber. They will have nearly the same shipping, and the few bucks you save with Trufiber is made up for with the service and quality of VFN.

Thank u so much I am ordering parts right after xms so I don't get the xmas rush craze so WS9 Headers and stall for this year will mx me out big time Tht should kep me happy 4 prbably ever

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

Thank u so much I am ordering parts right after xms so I don't get the xmas rush craze so WS9 Headers and stall for this year will mx me out big time Tht should kep me happy 4 prbably ever
    Glad i could help!

If you have any more questions about appearance replacement parts, pm me.

Impounded
    dear jack. your an ass haha
    but yeah thats one of the things youll have to risk...its shipping.
    ill probably have mine repaired sometime or another...as of now...not too noticable. about 1-1.5 inches but i couldnt see it till they painted it and by that time...trufiber said that they wouldnt take it back. so itll be about a $350 fix..just another thing to add to my never saticfied list

and the WS6 hood was 35lbs btw

Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

My VFN hood has two very small dents in it, like i said, its natural for fiberglass pieces this big to do these things.

Btw, notice how i RECOMMENDED your Trufiber brand hood over my VFN for T/A's. But VFN would be a better choice for camaros..!

Thread Information