Thread: true duals??

red
    02 ws6

true duals??

on ebay there are numerous "true duals" for the fbody. just seach fbody and take alook they are pretty cheap. Anybody know if they work???

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

they are all dumped before the axle. its loud and you get to smell fumes from time to time.
    to answer youre question, yes they work
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

true duals are overkill, the average bolt on or even signifacantly modded car doesn't need em, and yeah, smellin like gas sucks. They get the job done though

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    true duals are overkill, the average bolt on or even signifacantly modded car doesn't need em, and yeah, smellin like gas sucks. They get the job done though
    kinda strong there. here's the wife's average bolt on car. with stock cam and tune. car has bassani headers with catted y-pipe and borla. then swapped out the borla to the bassani tru-duals with x-pipe. kept the same cats. i think it needed it. and this tru-dual system goes over the axle and out the back.

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

How much is that Bassani tru dual set-up? And how do they fit two pipes over the axle? A loudmouth 3" barely fits one pipe there.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    kinda strong there. here's the wife's average bolt on car. with stock cam and tune. car has bassani headers with catted y-pipe and borla. then swapped out the borla to the bassani tru-duals with x-pipe. kept the same cats. i think it needed it. and this tru-dual system goes over the axle and out the back.

Is that typical? I've never seen such results, and that's before the cam heads and 1.8s?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

mrr23,
    I have true duals using the stock cats. with both pipes goes over the axle and exiting out the rear from beneath the bumper in the stock location similar to the setup that you have. I picked up a 5 percent increase in horsepower and torque just as you show that you increased. Those that say that true duals is a waist of time and money have no idea what they are talking about. True duals will pay for themselves in power, gas milage and over all performance. Let's just say that true duals increases the total performance of the F-Body in a great way. If anyone that says duals is a waist of time and money should stop and think before they speak. For an example: "wonder why Chevrolet put true duals on the Corvette rather than using a stupid "Y" pipe like they did on the F-Body." I'll bet they didn't do it just for fun. I believe that it was done to give the Corvette a bit more performance. Well, I see the F-Body kind of like it is a large Corvette with a live rear axle. The F-Body (Camaro) is and always has been a performance car and the addition of true duals to the 4th generation (doing away with that stupid "Y" pipe setup) adds a bit more performance to an already great performing car.
    Last edited by JEB; 02-20-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I've never seen those results, that's no reason to say that I know nothing and that I need to think before I speak. Maybe you should learn to spell SPEEK? before you speak. "with both pipes goes over" what the heck is that? english your second language? simular is not a word, similar is.

See where useless attacks get us? nowhere. Stick to stating your opinions and experience, not to saying other people are dumb

I never said they were a waste of time and money, they are cheaper than most y/catback setups. Maybe you should think before you make a mockery of things that were never said. I said they get the job done. When mrr brought up a different opinion than mine, I entertained it and showed interest in his experience with them.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Everybody calm down-I don't see where anybody IS attacking anybody Z.He's just making his case for true duals.I believe they put true duals on the Corvette for better performance certainly,but didn't on the F-body because of the different design rear axle.Y-pipes can give a better torque curve ,duals can give better top-end horsepower generally speaking.That's an impressive dyno sheet,and an interesting result,I never would have predicted that.

Snake Eater
    a y-pipe with a good merge collector will make as much power as an x-pipe. ex. qtp's ORY

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

To answer the original question...you get what you pay for man. Ive heard a lot of horror stories about that setup.

Black
    2002 Trans-Am

i have the ture dual that you are talking about. Added with LT's they pushed out 36 wrhp over my catback setup... given that i did add headers though. the only problem i had with the headers and duals is that my car ran lean... but jsut about any tuner can help you with that.

Thread Information