artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

Post Trans am needed info

does anyone here know where i can get information on the internet about trans ams? i want to know more about the engine, drive train and things like that im just having trouble finding a site to start looking at. i would go to a auto place of a library and look by i am a few thousand miles away from any of that. so some help would be nice. thanks

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

You are in a pretty good place to begin.

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

lol ya, that does make sense. im wanting to know about the generals....like what specific things make the vehicle go faster. If i had to take a transmission apart what it looks like and how to restore one. what add on to an engine makes the performance better? things like that i am looking for. i mean if you have anything random you know.....im definitely all ears. im always up for knowing more about trans ams. thanks

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam87 View Post
    lol ya, that does make sense. im wanting to know about the generals....like what specific things make the vehicle go faster. If i had to take a transmission apart what it looks like and how to restore one. what add on to an engine makes the performance better? things like that i am looking for. i mean if you have anything random you know.....im definitely all ears. im always up for knowing more about trans ams. thanks
    I'd say think of a question and create a thread asking members for advise, and so forth. This is honestly one of the best (if not the best) site to ask. There are lot of folks here that will be willing to help out with pretty much anything you can think of..You can start here with the link I've posted. Click the general help section. Then look for the thread tools tab, then in the thread tools tab click the post new thread tab and post your questions.http://www.ls1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-02-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

alright, thanks. i just think my only problem is just where to start. im not sure what question to ask first. i mean just say i want to know more about the engine first......if i am not knowledgeable on everything thats in the engine...how do i know where to start?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

alright, thanks. i just think my only problem is just where to start. im not sure what question to ask first. i mean just say i want to know more about the engine first......if i am not knowledgeable on everything thats in the engine...how do i know where to start?
    Possibly title the thread "Some questions about the LS1 motors", then ask your question/s and post the thread. Someone will be glad to help you even with something as simple as a bolt size. There will be some D!cks but that's the net for ya you know how it is. Most will be very helpfull to you though. The folks here are generally friendly people.
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-02-2009 at 01:14 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Once your thread is posted give it sometime to sink in with the guys. Someone will be along to help. If you dont get a reply in say 15 min or so you can post within your own thread. By typing "Bump" or something over 3 letters, this will put your question back to the front page.. Enjoy the site, good people, good info, and good laughs..

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

thanks. ill try it out

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

thanks. ill try it out
    Welcome, enjoy...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Generally speaking, the better an engine breathes the more power it can make. More air + more fuel = more power. The trick sometimes is getting the best air/fuel ratio for the most efficient burn in the combustion chamber. Starting out with a higher flowing air intake system can be a good start such as a better flowing filter. The power gains may not be much with just a good air filter but can still aid in better combustion.
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-02-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Thread Information