red
    02 trans am ws6

Took my Trans Am on vacation...

Well finally got all the bugs worked out and the new tune, (cammed,ls6 motor swap) and headed up the 600 miles to my parents house. Car ran great, I even averaged 24 mpg. I did run into a ses code apperantly its saying the bank one and bank two are running lean. It's only at idle so I was told to check all the vaccum hoses and the MAP sensor. The hoses are all good so it leaves me with the MAP sensor. Would the easiest way to change this be to pull the intake? Just wondering if anyone knew. Plus I wanted to rub in the gas milege. Thanks

98 Formula
    06 duramax

have you completely ruled out the tune and how do you know it's just at idle that it's lean? Not doubting you just trying to figure out where you're at information wise.

red
    02 trans am ws6

Well it ran good at 75 mph. when I finally came to a stop sign it came on. I called the guy who tuned it he told me usually when both banks show lean its a vacumm or a MAP problem. It was showing a bad MAP signal before the tune. Boy what it would be like to run with no ses lites again.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

What maf are you running?

red
    02 trans am ws6

I have a SLP maf.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    I have a SLP maf.
    There's your problem. Swap back to the stock MAF, almost guarenteed that the lean codes will go away. However, you may want to get it retuned afterwards if it resolves the issue.

red
    02 trans am ws6

The problem with swapping it back is I don't have a bellow that will hook up to my volant and my stock maf

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

The problem with swapping it back is I don't have a bellow that will hook up to my volant and my stock maf
    Try going to Home depot and getting a Fernco fitting that matches the diameters of the MAF and TB. Thats probably your best bet, and cheapest as well.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would try the fernco deal and swap back to the stock MAF and see what happens. It's like $4 for the hose. I ran it for a while on mine a couple of years ago. Get a 3x3 fernco hose in the plumbing section and soak it in boiling water for a minute or two and it's much easier to work with.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    There's your problem. Swap back to the stock MAF, almost guarenteed that the lean codes will go away. However, you may want to get it retuned afterwards if it resolves the issue.
    If he changes back to the stock MAF, he will most definetly need a tune to correct the A/F ratio.

SteveC

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

I agree, get rid of the maf. it set lean codes on me and I am not as modified as you.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I have a SLP maf.
    I agree with the others, I had a G-maf and it caused me to throw lean codes, back to stock and no more codes.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    If he changes back to the stock MAF, he will most definetly need a tune to correct the A/F ratio.
    SteveC
    That is a possibility since they tryed to tune it with the SLP maf on. I would still try the stocker and see if the codes go away. Also most places offer a discount on a tune if they already did one for you, who knows maybe they will do it for free since he got a code and is simply trying to correct the issue.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information