P0102
    P0103
    P0134
    P0140
    P0151
    P0160
    P0405
    P0650

I'm getting 11 codes on this car, found out the check engine light bulb was blown but what the hell can cause all this B.S.
    I realize the rear O2's are not detected because I never bought a O2 similator but what's the deal with the front two? The parts guy down there said my computer is running in a limp mode since the front O2's aren't working, also it's throwing a MAF code. I wander what's wrong with it. The car is running fine besides running extremely rich, it revs kinda funny too but it still shit's and gets whenever I mat it. I'm going to delete the EGR and rear O2's out of the computer. Thoughts on this?

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

102 & 103- try cleaning the maf and the sensor contacts. if that doesn work, you may need a replacement maf (if you know someone local, ask if you can borrow theirs to test it out)
    delete the rear o2's and the egr. that'll clear the b1s2 and b2s2 codes as well as the 405.

650-the mil light needs to be fixed.

Did you just install headers? Do you have cats? Need more info on your mods. for both banks to just die like that isnt normal. Either they're not plugged in if you did a header install and thats why you're not seeing any activity or...i dont know...ill have to think about that one...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99 View Post
    102 & 103- try cleaning the maf and the sensor contacts. if that doesn work, you may need a replacement maf (if you know someone local, ask if you can borrow theirs to test it out)
    delete the rear o2's and the egr. that'll clear the b1s2 and b2s2 codes as well as the 405.

650-the mil light needs to be fixed.

Did you just install headers? Do you have cats? Need more info on your mods. for both banks to just die like that isnt normal. Either they're not plugged in if you did a header install and thats why you're not seeing any activity or...i dont know...ill have to think about that one...

Thanks, I installed the headers a while back and never got the O2 sims for the rear but I did buy the extension harness for the front two. I deleted the cats with the ORY when I did the header install, I have ceramic coated LT's.
    As far as the MAF, it's confusing me that it would be pulling a low frequency and high frequency code. I bought some electrical contact cleaner so I'm going to try that and clear the computer again to see what happens. How hard is it to change the check engine light bulb? Looks like the whole dash pad has to be removed in order to get behind the instrument panel.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

dont know about changing the light. never heard of it going out..i havent ever looked into it either. you may wanna check your connections. you're not getting any input from your front o2s at all, so either the extensions are causing problems for its not plugged in correctly. The maf, just unscrew the torx screws to remove the ends so you can have access to the front of the elements. be very careful when cleaning them. use a qt to do it, but be gentle.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Thanks for the help, I'm going to tear into it after work today

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

The maf and front o2 codes are probably related. . .

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

but he should at least get shotty readings from the o2's showing they're reading wrong, not them just die. I think it may be related to the header install.

Thread Information