red
    07 VE SSv

Throttle body for GM Performance LSX block?

Hi All,

This is my first post on your forum, so please be gentle. I do post on our own Australian forum from time to time. Current ride: 2007 Holden VE SSV Commodore (unfortunately it's still pretty much stock - about 253rwkw... is that about 330rwhp?).

I was hoping to get some information. My Dad has just got his hands on one of the GM Performance LSX cast blocks (427ci). What he is chasing though, is an electronic throttle body to suit. Now down here in Aus., the throttle body he's chasing would have been off the VZ Commodore (5.7ltr) - hitachi brand electronics we think. However, given the size of this motor (440ci with FI), he's hoping to find something more in the order of an 80-90mm t/b (for obvious reasons). What I'm wondering is, is there anything released on your cars there that may match? Remembering that it needs to run off the same electricals as an Australian release LS1 (5.7ltr) motor.

I'm not sure if this is a stupid enquiry or not, just hoping for a bit of an insight into what may be possible from over there in the States. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

redss

red
    07 VE SSv

....anybody???.... no suggestions???......

black
    2002 WS6

hmm well I am guessing that they are drive by wire and by a cable attached to the gas pedal, I would suggest looking at the ones that came on the vettes as they are drive by wire, you might be abble to find something via the sponser list here.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by redss View Post
    Hi All,

This is my first post on your forum, so please be gentle. I do post on our own Australian forum from time to time. Current ride: 2007 Holden VE SSV Commodore (unfortunately it's still pretty much stock - about 253rwkw... is that about 330rwhp?).

I was hoping to get some information. My Dad has just got his hands on one of the GM Performance LSX cast blocks (427ci). What he is chasing though, is an electronic throttle body to suit. Now down here in Aus., the throttle body he's chasing would have been off the VZ Commodore (5.7ltr) - hitachi brand electronics we think. However, given the size of this motor (440ci with FI), he's hoping to find something more in the order of an 80-90mm t/b (for obvious reasons). What I'm wondering is, is there anything released on your cars there that may match? Remembering that it needs to run off the same electricals as an Australian release LS1 (5.7ltr) motor.

I'm not sure if this is a stupid enquiry or not, just hoping for a bit of an insight into what may be possible from over there in the States. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

redss
    Hey man...welcome to the forum.....
    I have the 04 GTO that I pulled the LS1 and dropped in a iron block 408 Stroker. I used the Nick Williams 90mm throttle body and the FAST 90MM intake. Runs like a stripped ape....same electronics. LQ9 block ( mine) and your Dad's LS7 (427) are same except the alternator would need a thrid hole drilled and tapped....other than that everything swaps right off a LS1 onto the LS7.

Thread Information