Throttle body cable no idle

I have a 98 Camaro and after a cam swap my lifters collapsed (which have been replaced). I recently installed long tubes and now the car won't idle at all unless I hold the pedal down. I noticed where the throttle body cable are that unless I'm holding the pedal down it doesn't move. I was told when the car starts it should move a tiny bit opening so my car idles around 2k rpm. If I tighten the cable will this fix the problem? Also how do I tighten the cable?

Thank you!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what cam and I'm going to guess no tune? That's not really how the idle air works....the iac valve controls the idle air. You can flip and adjust the set screw for the TB blade to get more air in there but you don't want to adjust it a bunch. My memory is terrible these days but I want to say you don't want to go over 550mv and then you'll need to do an idle relearn by unplugging the iac and turning the car to run but not start then back off then plug it back in and do the same thing. After that start the car up and let it idle with ac off for a few minutes then with the ac on for a few minutes.

Really you just need to get the car tuned as that's 100% what the issue is. You can however stop keep the car from dying by adjusting that set screw until you get a tune. Depending on what cam you have there's a lot of tables that need adjusted for it so just getting it to idle is really only meant to get the car to a tuner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

I already have a dyno tune done. I have a 233/239 cam. Tune was done but then lifters collapsed and I installed long tubes and removed the cats. So I haven't had a tune since then. Still the original tune should be enough to at least idle the car

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah....you have an issue somewhere. Did it idle fine before the work? A retune for the headers is needed but it won't cause the issues you're having now. I would suspect something didn't go back together properly. Check all the hoses and intake for leaks. Is the idle bad cold and hot?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Any codes popping up?

Thread Information